The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry to ask but what do terms like 00z mean?

The GFS American weather model runs at 4 intervals per day roughly every 6 hours 

00z is midnight then 06z is 6am, 12z is 12pm and 18z is 6pm

So the next update will be the 06z which will be online at around 12pm today :)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

The GFS American weather model runs at 4 intervals per day roughly every 6 hours 

00z is midnight then 06z is 6am, 12z is 12pm and 18z is 6pm

So the next update will be the 06z which will be online at around 12pm today :)

I only twigged on to this earlier in the week. Thought it was more scientific than that and z was a fancy weather unit of measurement like hz or something

6 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I only twigged on to this earlier in the week. Thought it was more scientific than that and z was a fancy weather unit of measurement like hz or something

The z is for Zulu Time, which is UTC (or GMT) not BST and certainly not OMD.

3 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

BBC forecast not changed much if at all. Giving good weather through til Sunday night and then a bit shit through til Wednesday. 

Look at the radar map on Long Forecast......... shows most of the rain/showers missing the site by a fair distance.

I would take little notice anyway this far out as showers will move course an hour before they arrive anyway.

Morning,  I just had to sign up to say cheers for all the updates. I've been reading the thread for the last few days or so and it's been an emotional rollercoaster! Looking my forward to my first Glastonbury and then taking my meteorology exams ??

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Plume said:

Morning,  I just had to sign up to say cheers for all the updates. I've been reading the thread for the last few days or so and it's been an emotional rollercoaster! Looking my forward to my first Glastonbury and then taking my meteorology exams ??

Congratulations on your first time, your mind will be blown. And good luck for your exams!

2 minutes ago, Plume said:

Welcome ? appropriate username!

Just now, SeaBear said:

Bbc radio 6 is currently discussing Glastonbury and how people are frequenting weather forums ???We've been referred to as 'the dark web'

Should I be using TOR to browse then?

• Upvote 10