sedra

The Weather Thread 2019

my mate just sent this from the sacred space looks like its drying up a bit

Image result for stone circle in sea

On a big positive, we were originally worried about an enormous deluge and thunder storms over the past two days. Seems like the site has fared pretty well compared to the forecasts, so I think we can call that another bullet dodged.

8 minutes ago, psychology said:

Good summary of the uncertainty.

Man, f*** that Omega Jetstream

Thanks for posting, it makes it much clearer, but I fear we're screwed either way:

If the low to the east edges in we're looking at cool, cloudy and showery, if the high pressure from the west edges in we're looking at humid with possibly vicious thunder storms and thundery showers

Edited by Mr.Tease

18 minutes ago, LSTx said:

Not weather related but something I found funny.. bored browsing at work and stumbled across this pic from Glasto in 1990, whats going on here? 😂😂

1488709657_main stage 1990.jpg

I'm pretty sure that was Archaos. They did all sorts of crazy shit cutting up cars and using chainsaws. 

Not looking great atm - this is the latest picture I’ve been sent from onsite. Weather looks decent though.

3B13D2B4-90E7-450A-9A77-F4F403D73A3F.jpeg

2 minutes ago, elias said:

I'm pretty sure that was Archaos. They did all sorts of crazy shit cutting up cars and using chainsaws. 

Yep that was them. Came on after the headliners every night and did Mad shit

8 minutes ago, psychology said:

Christ those two scenarios have completely shat on my bonfire

My mate just texted me this photo from the site. He can't say where he's working but it's from one of the better parts of the site.

p01gdt7v.jpg

6 minutes ago, elias said:

madness, im looking through the glastonbury gallery and the longdrops...never used to have doors?

10 minutes ago, psychology said:

Relevant bits:

2 scenarios possible. "(1)Threat of big intense thunder storms or (2) it'll be cloudy and showery. We're pretty sure its going to be one of those two so we're saying - its not going to be high pressure, fine weather". 

"If you're packing for Glastonbury.......I think what we can say is that you will need wellies because the ground is going to be soggy".

28 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

3 more pages and we've beaten the 2017 weather thread total for when the gates opened back then.

Love it.

That was a relatively boring thread - things were settled unusually early that year.

Can't divulge my sources but just been sent this from INSIDE Worthy Farm itself. Bit concerning considering the picture is taken on slightly higher ground, but with a bit of sun I'm sure the whole place will dry out.

If not at least the Goan Fish Curry stand will be well stocked.

Flood .jpg

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That was a relatively boring thread - things were settled unusually early that year.

Same with the Headliners thread that year, seems we need a fallow year to keep us on our toes.

30 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

It's just come up on my phone that this time 2 years ago my boyfriend was having to put a fan down his pants to stay cool. So I don't think we're in for 2017 weather (if anyone wasn't sure already). 

Except that the warm weather is being predicted to START next week, not this.

ill take the hot and humid with risk of thunderstorms and take my chances on the forcefield keeping the thunderstorms off site.

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Relevant bits:

2 scenarios possible. "(1)Threat of big intense thunder storms or (2) it'll be cloudy and showery. We're pretty sure its going to be one of those two so we're saying - its not going to be high pressure, fine weather". 

"If you're packing for Glastonbury.......I think what we can say is that you will need wellies because the ground is going to be soggy".

So either way, it's going to be a mud bath. Fucking great.

At least with the hot/humid/stormy option we get to sit at the top of the hill watching storms come in (and hopefully miss us) on Wednesday and Thursday. Love a bit of weather watching from the flag field!

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Relevant bits:

No wellies. Never wellies. As soon as it stops raining the ground will dry out and your feet will be BAKING in "feels like 29"!

The guy literally said he didn't know what was going to happen. Hilarious! So this thread is, to quote Liam Gallagher, "As you were". It will either be miserable or crazy hot.

All to play for still. I'll be packing for both scenarios.

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

All to play for still. I'll be packing for both scenarios.

Both likely scenarios involve mud and wet weather which should make the task of packing for both pretty simple. 

At this stage I'm praying for 2011 with a massive turn of high pressure and sunshine at the weekend. That's all I've got at this stage. 

It’s quite nice and warm out in Pilton at the moment. Might even get this load of washing dry by tonight.