The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

2 hours ago, mcmenace said:

It's glorious today in Trafford Park!

I'm in Trafford park too!.....at least there's none of that wet stuff we're so used to!

Anyway, with at least two of us not going to be at work next week they'll surely have to close the park? Nothing will get done!!??

3 minutes ago, Cjs benno said:

I'm in Trafford park too!.....at least there's none of that wet stuff we're so used to!

Anyway, with at least two of us not going to be at work next week they'll surely have to close the park? Nothing will get done!!??

Hello! I’m close by at Old Trafford, super day so far...

18 minutes ago, Sku said:

I might remember 2013 better than most, since it's the only time I've been before.

It's probably fairly unmemorable for the reason it was utterly mediocre. It wasn't blazing hot. Didn't rain too much. There was a lot of overcast and dull windy days, but it remained warm. A bit of sun from time to time, but not much.

The ground was solid throughout the festival, and the wet ground/mud was trodden back down within an hour of any showers.

Edit: In short, I'd take that again. Unremarkable weather is what you want at a festival really.

Yep, it was kind of ideal weather wise. Bit overcast in the mornings = sleeping til a reasonable hour. Plenty of sun, a few showers, not too hot and not too wet.

The Goldilocks of festival weather, if you will.

Just now, Cjs benno said:

Manchester is going to be a ghost town next week!?...

What happened to the supposed N/S split we were supposed to see. Last week all signs pointing towards rain in the north and dry in the south. Now seems the opposite. I'm sat in Liverpool begging the weather Gods to sacrifice us!

6 minutes ago, lordjord93 said:

What happened to the supposed N/S split we were supposed to see. Last week all signs pointing towards rain in the north and dry in the south. Now seems the opposite. I'm sat in Liverpool begging the weather Gods to sacrifice us!

I think we get quite enough of it up here!....that lot in the south east can have it all as far as i'm concerned....As long as Somerset is spared...This is all that matters

4 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Wythenshawe for work but Eccles based - yep it's gonna be dead! 12-15 in my group!

6 in my group. All Altrincham, just down the road from you! They may as well close everything within the M60?

• Like 1

Just now, Cjs benno said:

I think we get quite enough of it up here!....that lot in the south east can have it all as far as i'm concerned....As long as Somerset is spared...This is all that matters

6 in my group. All Altrincham, just down the road from you! They may as well close everything within the M60?

12 from Burnage / Lev and beyond!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

Wythenshawe for work but Eccles based - yep it's gonna be dead! 12-15 in my group!

I'm in Stockport now but when I first moved to Manchester I lived in Eccles. It's nice here today although we are due a shitshow tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Sku said:

I might remember 2013 better than most, since it's the only time I've been before.

It's probably fairly unmemorable for the reason it was utterly mediocre. It wasn't blazing hot. Didn't rain too much. There was a lot of overcast and dull windy days, but it remained warm. A bit of sun from time to time, but not much.

The ground was solid throughout the festival, and the wet ground/mud was trodden back down within an hour of any showers.

Edit: In short, I'd take that again. Unremarkable weather is what you want at a festival really.

Would also take 2013 weather in a heartbeat -   I recall being out in reasonably heavy rain on the Thursday late pm, slipping around on Thursday night (after a few) and it being ok again by Friday pm.

What I'm pretty certain 2013 didn't have though, was this continually dismal weather in the run-up.

Edited by Janaka

16 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Urmston for me.  Or for graft at least.

Its all very South Side this.  Any Newton Heath about or Moston Rats?

We're from Ancoats. Not too far from NH. A few others from Castlefield and Salford.

Look like it'll be busy on the M6

Edited by nicknickmm