The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Here's the 00Z in summary.

High pressure: Continues to build from the weekend and through the week until Thursday, when it sinks back towards Europe. Over the festival Saturday and Sunday, pressure returns to the levels of this weekend cominng again - not terrible just not as high as midweek.

Precipitation: Showing a fair bit of rain on the Monday still, and again some rain when the gates open, plus a bit on Weds eve. Then dry all day Thursday with a very small amount on Friday, Saturday and Sudnay - but really barely worth mentioning, only saying cos it appears on the run.

Temperatures: Monday 14-15, Tuesday 17-19, Wednesday 23-24, Thursday 22, Friday 23, Saturday 19-20, Sunday 17-18

So we have had some consistency in the last three runs, so a pattern may well be emerging for the plume! However, we are still too far away and the pocket of low pressure sat out to the south west of the country is key to everything...... it needs to stay out of the way.

image.png.701be2abd3c1b6494182b3ca8527c8fd.png

I won't say it's a great update even though it's still warm with less rain. ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, briddj said:

Here's the 00Z in summary.

High pressure: Continues to build from the weekend and through the week until Thursday, when it sinks back towards Europe. Over the festival Saturday and Sunday, pressure returns to the levels of this weekend cominng again - not terrible just not as high as midweek.

Precipitation: Showing a fair bit of rain on the Monday still, and again some rain when the gates open, plus a bit on Weds eve. Then dry all day Thursday with a very small amount on Friday, Saturday and Sudnay - but really barely worth mentioning, only saying cos it appears on the run.

Temperatures: Monday 14-15, Tuesday 17-19, Wednesday 23-24, Thursday 22, Friday 23, Saturday 19-20, Sunday 17-18

So we have had some consistency in the last three runs, so a pattern may well be emerging for the plume! However, we are still too far away and the pocket of low pressure sat out to the south west of the country is key to everything...... it needs to stay out of the way.

image.png.701be2abd3c1b6494182b3ca8527c8fd.png

I won't say it's a great update even though it's still warm with less rain. ?

@briddj thanks for you great work. I admire the effort you are putting in here, and certainly compared to mean you are somewhat of an expert. Also keep up with the opptimism, youve certainly dragged me up this morning and im very positive about things.

One of 2 things will happen post festival. 1, you will be completely wrong we all will have been soaked and you will be remembered as the joker who doesn't know what hes talking about for ever on the forum. or 2, i believe the most likely, you will bang on. We will have a great weekend weather wise and this will be your job for every festival to come. You will be this threads equivalent of RAM jam jar, sticky stick and big dogs paws!

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Stocksey said:

@briddj thanks for you great work. I admire the effort you are putting in here, and certainly compared to mean you are somewhat of an expert. Also keep up with the opptimism, youve certainly dragged me up this morning and im very positive about things.

One of 2 things will happen post festival. 1, you will be completely wrong we all will have been soaked and you will be remembered as the joker who doesn't know what hes talking about for ever on the forum. or 2, i believe the most likely, you will bang on. We will have a great weekend weather wise and this will be your job for every festival to come. You will be this threads equivalent of RAM jam jar, sticky stick and big dogs paws!

Let's hope so! Though I must point out it's not me making any predictions, I'm only saying what is on this particular set of charts/runs!

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The site is more or less on the outside of the Met Office's weather warning for tonight and tomorrow.

d5y79kb.jpg

I presume they're overly cautious with such things (making boundaries their absolute max) given that they're warnings. Although this gives me some comfort it does require ignoring @stopwn1981's pretty-but-terrible image.... (Green is bad, right?)

The missus keeps looking at whatever weather site you get on google and is getting pissed off that it's forecasting lots of rain before and during the festival, I've obviously her that some fellas on the Glasto forum have already promised it's all going to be fine but she is not having any of it ?

Edited by Casper86

1 minute ago, Casper86 said:

that some fellas on the Glasto forum have already promised it's all going to be fine but she is not having any of it ?

correct, that'll be sprocket. In fact joking aside his very brief forecasts have probably been correct all along.

5 minutes ago, Casper86 said:

The missus keeps looking at whatever weather site you get on google and is getting pissed off that it's forecasting lots of rain before and during the festival, I've obviously her that some fellas on the Glasto forum have already promised it's all going to be fine but she is not having any of it ?

My Mrs is the same with iPhone one. Then she looks at the BBC doom mongers ‘rain cloud all day for 5 mins rain’ and tuts.

2016 was her first one and she thinks that it’ll be like that every year 

25 minutes ago, xandercs12 said:

I feel like even if it rains a bit tonight and tomorrow, we have good enough weather after that to dry most of it up. Fingers crossed!

Looks like that should be the case. Just hoping the rain at the start of next week doesnt worsen

12 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Looks like that should be the case. Just hoping the rain at the start of next week doesnt worsen

Even still, the ground is already pretty good so we won’t have much mud. I think it will be a good weekend weather wise, nothing special but nothing terrible either 

I don't want to jinx it so have cleaned the mud from my boots from an outdoor gig at the weekend, and washed my waterproofs. There you go weather gods.

Guys, Glastonbury is officially one week tomorrow! Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk :clapping: