The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

6 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

As soon as the GFS ECM UKMO models come within range I'll be in there like swimwear checking the 6 hourly updates 

You and me both brother.

Don't care for the weather charts any other time of the year but the inner geek in me comes out when the festival is in view.

Just now, JoeyT said:

You and me both brother.

Don't care for the weather charts any other time of the year but the inner geek in me comes out when the festival is in view.

Only other time for me is snow chasing in winter

1 minute ago, doogie said:

With the upcoming bank holiday weekend looking like being one of the coldest in recent years,  remember this was the prediction less than a week ago:  

image.png

I have a feeling this was an error and they meant the next bank holiday. Even when this story came out the forecast was shit for this weekend.

1 hour ago, Chazwozza said:

Time to spring Jackone from whichever secure long term institution he’s currently held in...

Hes only allowed out for the run in to the festival these days after they found him sitting naked in his basement eating human liver and locust granola from his grandmothers skull.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bronto said:

I live in Slovakia. It’s been pissing down all day and already I’m starting to fret about water tables in Pilton. Is this normal?

Yes. Apart from the bit about living in Slovakia, which is, at best, statistically unlikely.

Can’t believe we are less than 50 days away from the festival and the weather thread was on the bottom of page 2. 

We had a dry and mild winter this year so I’m already feeling quite positive... what are the long range forecasts showing? Is there anything we can look at which indicates the state of the water table?

On 5/1/2019 at 3:49 PM, Kinkyinuit said:

I suppose the mud could have been on fire but otherwise I'm struggling to see how it could have been much worse.  The only positive was that it didn't rain *that* much considering, though it meant the mud stayed welly suckingly sticky for the entire weekend.

The monday was infuriatingly gorgeous though!

It didn't rain much at all.  If you can't see how it could have been much worse, then you probably didn't go in 1997, 1998 or 2007.

On 5/2/2019 at 8:02 PM, Aragorn said:

As soon as the GFS ECM UKMO models come within range I'll be in there like swimwear checking the 6 hourly updates 

I've got sight of the Met Office Global Seasonal model, that goes out 51 days.  However, it's bouncing around all over the shop from about d+40, so going to ignore if for now.

Once we get within 30 days, we'll get the EC extended, and then D-15 onwards is where the fun really starts...