Jump to content

The Weather Thread 2019


Recommended Posts

Nice positive update then as we head in to the penultimate week. Each day the forecasts get more crucial, so that's a good start for t-minus 9 days to go.

There do seem to be some consistent signs that the pressure is increasing in the second half of Glastonbury week. Let's hope that continues!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You twisted my arm... put another log on the fire and pass the hip flask. It's a long yarn, but a good one. Anyone who was there in 2007 knows there was only one way to survive that weekend - and

You think they’d release the weather now the full lineup is out. 

Hi guys.  As suggested by @JoeyT - I've updated the Rainfall records summary table I put together in 2017... The historical data is taken from here:  https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/had

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Nice positive update then as we head in to the penultimate week. Each day the forecasts get more crucial, so that's a good start for t-minus 9 days to go.

There do seem to be some consistent signs that the pressure is increasing in the second half of Glastonbury week. Let's hope that continues!

Yep, that's key. A week ago it was supposed to be getting up to the mid-teens in the south-east this week, but that has now been binned off the closer we've got - so going to be tenterhooks all the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When are we expecting the next Gav video update? Not that I particularly enjoyed watching Friday's instalment....

EDIT: D'oh! Shoulda read the last page before posting!

Edited by Sasperella
Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of whether it’s rain or sun which greets us open the opening of the glasto gates I like to think this thread has sparked the interest of a budding meteorologist.

For better or worse, we could be giving birth to the next Michael Fish.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

When are we expecting the next Gav video update? Not that I particularly enjoyed watching Friday's instalment....

EDIT: D'oh! Shoulda read the last page before posting!

His last one was the stuff of nightmares

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This is like the bit where the space probe goes out of contact with Houston for ten minutes...

Looking a hell of a lot better and gets rid of that trend from update 1. Big improvement so if it continues to improve like that we are looking good. Heatwave unlikely though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Looking a hell of a lot better and gets rid of that trend from update 1. Big improvement so if it continues to improve like that we are looking good. Heatwave unlikely though 

Apart from right at the end where he casually says "But there will have been a deluge just before the gates open"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Apart from right at the end where he casually says "But there will have been a deluge just before the gates open"

Which worries me more about traffic mayhem if the campers get stuck on the tues.. I'll take it if it means dry festival thou

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, barkley87 said:

Can someone please summarise Gav's latest update? I'm at the gym checking the weather thread between sets (yes, that's how obsessed I am) but my breaks aren't long enough to watch the whole thing! 

I'm not sure  yet, but it's going to be fine, if nothing spectacular.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Apart from right at the end where he casually says "But there will have been a deluge just before the gates open"

Yeah he slips that in very casually. I know it had been mentioned about possible storms that day but hopefully they fuck right off. He also mentions the large amount of rain they have had in June....obv hasn't been keeping up to date with the state of the ground thread and Dees well stick 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...