Jump to content
sedra

The Weather Thread 2019

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Much as I want to agree with the sentiment, aren't people always saying it didn't actually rain that much during the festival in 2016? A bit but not constantly? I wasn't there so just wondering based on the consensus here.

It lamped down for a week ish before it & all wednesday morning. It was very muddy on arrival.

It rained in patches. Enough to keep up the mud. It was pelting down sunday morning. But overall it wasn't a wet festival when we were there.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Bbc weather still looking reasonable after next weekend. Here’s hoping!

I’ll take reasonable 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with 2016 was that the sun didn't come out, so there wasn't any chance for the mud to dry up. But it definitely didn't rain the whole time. I remember a lot of rain friday and sunday evening, then no recollection at all about Saturday... although I have a picture of us under a giant rainbow in the mud so guess it did rain at some point.  I actually had a great time in 2016. My worst year was 2011 - just made bad decisions so ended up doing a lot of trudging in the mud and getting stuck in crowds. The Sunday was good though - whole thing dried up and we were sitting down on the ground by lunchtime.

I can tell it's getting close now I am back religiously checking the weather thread!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PollyPeach said:

The problem with 2016 was that the sun didn't come out, so there wasn't any chance for the mud to dry up. But it definitely didn't rain the whole time. I remember a lot of rain friday and sunday evening, then no recollection at all about Saturday... although I have a picture of us under a giant rainbow in the mud so guess it did rain at some point.  I actually had a great time in 2016. My worst year was 2011 - just made bad decisions so ended up doing a lot of trudging in the mud and getting stuck in crowds. The Sunday was good though - whole thing dried up and we were sitting down on the ground by lunchtime.

I can tell it's getting close now I am back religiously checking the weather thread!

 

It did. I got sunburnt Wednesday afternoon & Saturday when watching Madness.

Ive never come home from glastonbury  and not been sunburnt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even this weekend wouldn’t have been that bad for the festival - Wednesday perhaps the exception - by all accounts only brief showers since then and mostly dry/sunny. 

Week ahead looks mostly dry again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Much as I want to agree with the sentiment, aren't people always saying it didn't actually rain that much during the festival in 2016? A bit but not constantly? I wasn't there so just wondering based on the consensus here.

2016 we had 14mm during the festival - which is a similar amount to 2009, 2011 and 2014. 

2014 came down all in one go. 

2016 fell on top of 50mm that landed the week before, compared to 30mm in 2011 and 6mm in 2009. 

 

The 2016 damage was already done - the rain during the fest just topped it up - similar in 2011, ground was very soft when gates opened - where 2009 coped pretty well with the rain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2016 it ladled it down at 5am on the Friday morning at set the clock back on all the drying that had happened up till then.

But it was definitely lovely and sunny when we were watching ZZ Top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s it doing at the moment? 

My met office and iPhone weather told me no rain today in the south east and it’s just started hammering it down. Feel like I can’t trust the weather forecast 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

What’s it doing at the moment? 

My met office and iPhone weather told me no rain today in the south east and it’s just started hammering it down. Feel like I can’t trust the weather forecast 

Fluffy clouds, a couple of dark ones but blue sky peaking through. NO RAIN! the muddy paths of a few hours ago already drying up. A decent start to the morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was bright this morning just outside Andover. 

Has just shit it down out of the blue for 10 minutes. And now just raining solidly. 

Not feeling hopeful. 

And yes, I am completely semi-unreasonably equating the weather here an hour away with that of Pilton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of Glasto weather chat over on Pienaars Politics on Radio 5 just now. 

Its one of the key national issues right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rubenz said:

Bit of Glasto weather chat over on Pienaars Politics on Radio 5 just now. 

Its one of the key national issues right now.

Will we leave the EU?

Who will be Tory Leader?

How long will it take me to walk from the John Peel Tent to the Park and will I get soaked having a shit at the longdrops on the way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Titters said:

2016 we had 14mm during the festival - which is a similar amount to 2009, 2011 and 2014. 

2014 came down all in one go. 

2016 fell on top of 50mm that landed the week before, compared to 30mm in 2011 and 6mm in 2009. 

 

The 2016 damage was already done - the rain during the fest just topped it up - similar in 2011, ground was very soft when gates opened - where 2009 coped pretty well with the rain. 

Because it was absolutely baking in 2009!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tumbles said:

A touch of 2013 suits me fine 

 

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A festival that never seems to come up in discussions about past festival weather. I would happily plump for unremarkable!

I recall walking around in a t-shirt and plimpsolls so would happily take 2013 weather! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its typical that there was no festival last year when we had the best June in history, would have been lots of heatstrokes for sure!

(although i did have my wedding the glasto weekend instead so shouldnt moan to much)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...