The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

2 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Lol puts things in perspective somewhat ?

Yep without a doubt. 30 degrees was forecast for today. Totally changed by the time the forecasts got into range and of course we all know it hasnt been anywhere near those temperatures today. 

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I genuinely don't get J1's format this year. He starts with a generic outlook for the whole country, which seems to be a cut+paste job from somewhere else, followed by a few GFS charts and truncated analysis.

He used to include ECM as well as GFS and give much more analysis, without that weird general outlook at the start.

Have the proper Glastonbury forecasts started yet, or is this how they're structured now?

My limited learnings tell me pretty much only the GFS is in range that far out so is the only model, thus it cannot be verified by others. 

The Netweather geeks believe the pattern forming going into the start of the Glastonbury week has positive signs across different models. They don't go further yet. But this can change too so far out. 

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Forecasts are only (kinda) reliable for what, 5 days? The main thing is that the next 7 days are relatively dry so the ground should stay as good as it is now, maybe even better if we are lucky.

At the very least, we're in a much better position than we were in 2016

If the forecast through to next Thursday is correct, everything will be completely dried out from this week.

Everything is fine - Glastonbury weather I always opposite to IOW weather.

Everytime Glastonbury weather has been shit I have looked back & hated those smug IOW bastards in their jaunty straw trilbies, & every time Glastonbury has been glorious I have looked back sympathetically on the poor bastards being towed out of the mire a few weeks earlier.

can’t argue with facts!

14 hours ago, Glastocat said:

It had some absolutely torrential rain, some of the heaviest I’ve seen at Glasto in eight visits. They even took the bands off the Pyramid at one stage. 

Tbf, it wasn’t like this every day though. 

Yep the stage was suspended and it hammered down.  The weekend wasn't great but not that bad either.