The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

9 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

This afternoon Pilton has been so warm that I’ve dried 4 heavy towels outside in 2 hours. I also went into the garden in my socks and didn’t get soggy feet. There’s a lovely warm breeze that is drying everything up.

How much washing do you do? Are you the Pilton laundrette?

12 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Oh dear...F2DA9350-51C0-487A-B750-4BDA4886417A.thumb.png.73a77a30d02181296764200256bd35f0.png

Usual rules apply here with long range forecasts, if it's looking good then you accept it as gospel. If not, then obviously it's too far in the future to be anywhere near accurate. So, going by that, what you've posted there appears to be a load of bollocks.

Edited by bigfurbdogg
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

Yes, not great, but it produces a NW/SE split. Like I said, we need high pressure to push up more.

Stop scaring people with such images which are at the moment pure guesswork!

We are all grown ups here, so no one is scared of make-believe i.e. this nonsense model - case in point the following pic is from its run not 6 hrs ago for the same dayE188E4D0-6575-4C9A-941B-1ADD47BBED08.thumb.png.d6c891f8445a8a989e33725f6dbb65b5.png - which is wonderful...

2 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Usual rules apply here with long range forecasts, if it's looking good then you accept it as gospel. If not, then obviously it's too far in the future to be anywhere near accurate. So, what you've posted there appears to be a load of bollocks.

And it's far better for the forecast that far out to be shit now - it can only get better!

Just now, briddj said:

And it's far better for the forecast that far out to be shit now - it can only get better!

Exactly!

Basically, what i can tell from my very limited knowledge, next week looks pretty decent weather wise, the week after that is anyone's guess. One model run is saying lovely, then the next says shit, and so on...

Literally dreamed about Glastonbury weather the last 4 nights now, 100% obsessed at the moment. 

Haven’t been on all day, missed the weather chat. Glastocam is looking glorious. 

I ended up going to an emergency walk in centre today. What I thought to be just a sore throat deteriorated very quickly to the point where I couldn’t swallow and I thought my ears were going to explode. They were worried it was quinsy, but luckily it’s just a bad case of strep throat and a serious sinus infection. For about 45 minutes I was genuinely unsure whether I would be able to go to Glastonbury. I was so upset. 

It’s made me realise that I’m so lucky to be going and I couldn’t care whether it’s raining or sunny, muddy or dry! 

• Upvote 3