The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Anybody else still thinking how unbelievably lucky we were with the weather this year the more they think about it? Yes it was hot, the infamous Saturday heat almost unbearable on times but what were the chances of a completely bone-dry weekend. Not a single drop of rain whatsoever. The more I look at it with these cancelled festivals and how awful the weather was in June in the lead-up (I was beginning to forget what the sun looked like for a moment) and how terrible it's been since after, the unpredictability of it all. Damn we were lucky and I'm so thankful.

I'm starting to get very excited about my second festival of the summer (the always excellent Shambala). Which means its time for me to start obsessing over the weather for it (I know it's not a year in advance as per Glasto but then there's less of a critical mass around it).

What sites do you recommend? I tend to use netweather.tv but am keen to cast my net wider this year and the lack of a Shambala weather thread means I have to do my own research this time.

Any suggestions? Thx and much appreciated in advance ❤️

8 hours ago, sogryp said:

I'm starting to get very excited about my second festival of the summer (the always excellent Shambala). Which means its time for me to start obsessing over the weather for it (I know it's not a year in advance as per Glasto but then there's less of a critical mass around it).

What sites do you recommend? I tend to use netweather.tv but am keen to cast my net wider this year and the lack of a Shambala weather thread means I have to do my own research this time.

Any suggestions? Thx and much appreciated in advance ❤️

Find a local who owns a well and a big dog. 

• Upvote 4

On 7/31/2019 at 7:27 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

This thread evoked every emotion possible in the run up  week to the festival. I even was logged on at 3am on the Wednesday morning sitting in the car in the car park, and ironically at that moment it started raining! 

The week before was classic eFests. A real vintage. We rollercoastered through more or less every possible forecast before we experienced ‘no rain, too hot’. It’s such an unknown every year, isn’t it. 

This is August apparently, and people were complaining that Glastonbury was too hot?! Get a grip for fucks sake, we had the best festival weather in a lifetime probably. It’s never been and probably never will be too hot in England. Jesus. Wear a hat and buy a cold beer. Taps Aff and do your worst you bright yellow bastard.

2B69622D-2B0C-4E52-A202-EE0D63637093.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

This is August apparently, and people were complaining that Glastonbury was too hot?! Get a grip for fucks sake, we had the best festival weather in a lifetime probably. It’s never been and probably never will be too hot in England. Jesus. Wear a hat and buy a cold beer. Taps Aff and do your worst you bright yellow bastard.

2B69622D-2B0C-4E52-A202-EE0D63637093.png

It was too hot.

• Upvote 1

I;ve just caught up with this thread from most of June (during a v boring conference call), I had dibbed into it during June, but not really read it - its genius, brilliant and now I get the flag and the true brilliance of the jam jars and fruit and big dog and the tent peg. @deebeedoobee @Sawdusty Surfer utter heroes xx

18 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I;ve just caught up with this thread from most of June (during a v boring conference call), I had dibbed into it during June, but not really read it - its genius, brilliant and now I get the flag and the true brilliance of the jam jars and fruit and big dog and the tent peg. @deebeedoobee @Sawdusty Surfer utter heroes xx

did you check the state of the ground thread as well? :D

53 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

They are so last year now, but they did their job.

34 minutes ago, Quark said:

did you check the state of the ground thread as well? :D

No . theres a state of the ground thread as well - was this thread not intense enough to chat through the weather ..... ph my going tohave to wait for another conference call to trawl the state of the ground thread

Thanks for the heads up

47 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

No . theres a state of the ground thread as well - was this thread not intense enough to chat through the weather ..... ph my going tohave to wait for another conference call to trawl the state of the ground thread

Thanks for the heads up

Oh it's even better than the weather thread. Less doom and gloom and far more big dog, plus the origins of the well sticky stick

51 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Bloody sight more accurate than the bbc! We are heading for pilton party this year all the way from scotland. Wouldn’t mind big dogs updates! 

He might take an encore before his usual winter hibernation on the sofa, or glued to the front of the wood burner. Well not literally. I don’t want the RSPCA involved, but so close he zaps all the heat before it gets into the room.

Big dog’s predecessor, the ginger minger, actually fell asleep so near to a gas fire that she started to singe. We only noticed when we went to investigate where the ‘burning’ smell was coming from. The mutt was still fast asleep.

• Upvote 1