The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

On 7/2/2019 at 12:07 PM, briddj said:

Couldn't believe the Saturday. We were told it was going to cool down on the Sat and be 22. Checked the app on the Friday and it said it was going to be 29, feels like 34! We'd all spent Friday thinking "at least it will be cooler tomorrow."

Saturday was tough going!!!  There was a point on the Saturday down at Avalon when I was really struggling (just before Jade Bird) and I love the heat but fortunately temps dropped a bit when I left the tent and it got much easier once the wind picked up.  My mates Garmin watch said it was 42 which I assume had something to do with body temp!!!

p.s. I am off to Kendal Calling on Tuesday (kids in tow this time round).  If by any chance you would to do one of your infamous weather prediction posts as a one off for the Kendal Group it would be most appreciated.  No probs if you are too busy, need a break or just can't be bothered as I am already indebted to you for the Glastonbury fun but if you do fancy doing a one off prediction then the thread can be found here ?

On 7/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

300 pages, who’d have thought it! 

Me... back on page 56 ?

On 6/7/2019 at 8:39 PM, Sku said:

About a dozen or so pages back (aka yesterday) there were some people predicting this thread will reach 120-160 pages by the festival.

Looking more like 300 if these trends continue.

97a.gif

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, blutarsky said:

Some of you lot are nuts, there's no such thing as too hot! 

As long as it's dry it can get as hot as it likes for all I care. 

if you can handle it, it's fair enough.  But it's not nuts if you can't.

I literally can't. I basically spent many hours of the festival stood in the shade doing nothing but pouring water over myself waiting until the temperature dropped enough for me to actually do anything.

I would prefer weather that does not restrict my weekend so severely.

Funny how much weather can change a person. All I took in the way of beer was Green King IPA and Old Speckled Hen (which at its hottest, had it been coffee I'd have left it to cool down a little longer) so Carlsberg became my favorite drink of the festival. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

After an incredible Glastonbury we are now in jersey soaking up the sun and lager. The weather gods have really been kind this year.  All thanks to Dee bee and her magic well!

This summer has been topper. We went to Beatherder and had glorious sunshine all weekend. What is this madness!! I fear next weekend’s festival maybe another matter.

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im off to boomtown in just over a fortnight...

Heatwave allegedly.

What have I done to deserve this?

I feel your pain, mate. I don’t summer particularly well either. Would you prefer 2010 weather to 2019? I think 2010 was dustier and more evenly hot, and thus trickier for me. Anything that delays my first pint til after 4pm is an outrage, frankly, and heatstroke delays me something chronic.

Those people saying ‘bring on the heat!’ every year can try and live a hot one in my factor 50 slathered skin, if they like 

6 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Yepit's grim but I've found that firing a leaf blower down the front of my extra thick chainsaw trousers helps a lot :)

For God's sake never get that the wrong way round. ?

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2019 at 2:35 PM, lazzareo said:

Saturday was tough going!!!  There was a point on the Saturday down at Avalon when I was really struggling (just before Jade Bird) and I love the heat but fortunately temps dropped a bit when I left the tent and it got much easier once the wind picked up.  My mates Garmin watch said it was 42 which I assume had something to do with body temp!!!

p.s. I am off to Kendal Calling on Tuesday (kids in tow this time round).  If by any chance you would to do one of your infamous weather prediction posts as a one off for the Kendal Group it would be most appreciated.  No probs if you are too busy, need a break or just can't be bothered as I am already indebted to you for the Glastonbury fun but if you do fancy doing a one off prediction then the thread can be found here ?

Sorry mate only just seen this. That said, looking at the state of the pictures you probably didn't want a pre-report!

20 hours ago, briddj said:

Sorry mate only just seen this. That said, looking at the state of the pictures you probably didn't want a pre-report!

Ha ha very true...it went from what felt like Glastonbury Saturday on the Thursday, to sunny Friday, to torrential Saturday to mixed Sunday and finally rainy Monday morning/baking hot Monday afternoon #mixedbag ?

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2019 at 2:35 PM, lazzareo said:

Isn't Kendal Calling statistically the wettest UK festival?