The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Even though this would be a little hot for me, I've long accepted that I'm in the minority (along with Mr Hats). I think the 'perfect' weather is likely 14-18C and a little cloudy on Wed, Thur morning and Monday. That should make set up and break down comfy enough for the vast majority and ideal for bimbling and imbibing. Thur pm to Sun evening can be chilly mornings then anything up to 24C with a fresh breeze and light cloud. Oh and at least one light overnight shower for the dust.

I'm sure the Pilton forcefield can make that happen if we all hope strongly enough.

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I would take this year every year, even the 30c or whatever on the Saturday. As long as you're not hungover its fine.

The fact the back of my hands were still peeling earlier this week suggests otherwise. 

Factor 50. I didnt burn too bad this year either.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I went for a run still shitfaced from the night before in 38 deg midday sun in Madrid last weekend, so yeah no such thing as too hot for me even when drunk / hungover.

I can of course see how such heat can be too much for some people, but I can’t fathom why anyone would be wishing for jacket / hoodie weather instead of T-shirts if not Taps Aff. Bizarre.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I went for a run still shitfaced from the night before in 38 deg midday sun in Madrid last weekend, so yeah no such thing as too hot for me even when drunk / hungover.

I can of course see how such heat can be too much for some people, but I can’t fathom why anyone would be wishing for jacket / hoodie weather instead of T-shirts if not Taps Aff. Bizarre.

Taps Aff?

I ran between most sets, didn’t eat anything of significance until 1am 99% with Taps Aff. Went home a couple of pounds lighter and still got hammered by bed time every night. Loved the sun and the crowds. 

• Like 1

The Saturday night temp almost halved from what it was during the day, I actually put a hoodie on that night. 

Saturday daytime was scorchio. Was the kind of heat that even when wearing a thin T shirt and shorts you were suffering. When I suddenly realised that I had a full on river flowing down my leg and I know for a fact i've not pissed myself! Sweaty legs were a weird sensation and not usually a thing that occurs in the UK :lol:

1 hour ago, Doug85 said:

The Saturday night temp almost halved from what it was during the day

I get what you are saying about the drop in temperature being large and therefore more noticeable but it's sort of meaningless to talk about temperatures halving when 0 is an arbitrary point. You wouldn't say the change from 20 to 10 is comparable to the change from 10 to 5.

31 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I get what you are saying about the drop in temperature being large and therefore more noticeable but it's sort of meaningless to talk about temperatures halving when 0 is an arbitrary point. You wouldn't say the change from 20 to 10 is comparable to the change from 10 to 5.

I think it probably felt a lot cooler on Sat evening after 3 days of temps - especially given Sat till about 3-4pm was really tough. 

Just now, tumbles said:

I think it probably felt a lot cooler on Sat evening after 3 days of temps - especially given Sat till about 3-4pm was really tough. 

Yeah that's the bit I'm agreeing with it's just the use of the term half. It isn't halfing anything meaningful, maybe if the temperature in Kelvin halfed.