The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

6 minutes ago, devli said:

Not a hint of rain all week. How lucky we are.

Actually on weds afternoon there was a point where it looked like we were going to get a deluge for 20-30 mins. Somehow drifted north - that dammed fine forcefield kept us dry!  

54 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Just about! I'm usually all for the heat, but I must admit I sas struggling on Saturday. Found standing around watching harder than actually walking around! 

I struggled Saturday too and I usually love the heat - it was just that little bit too hot! Couldn’t step into direct sunlight for a second without breaking into a full body sweat!

On 6/29/2019 at 4:51 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just watched Fontaines DC from outside the tent and it has given me something of a much needed energy boost.

I was inside that tent and it was like being in the centre of the sun. FDC were worth it though. Every last trickle ?

2 hours ago, tumbles said:

Actually on weds afternoon there was a point where it looked like we were going to get a deluge for 20-30 mins. Somehow drifted north - that dammed fine forcefield kept us dry!  

Tuesday night as we got near to the site it was raining heavily from a303 until we got to the top of the hill that's about 2 miles before car parks. At the top of the hill roads seemed dry as if it'd not hit at all

Thursday was perfect for 'Naked Thursday' up at Lost Horizons. Was a lovely, relaxing nudie day :)

I found Friday unbearable...! I had a good day and saw most of the acts I wanted to see but definitely struggled with 'Glastonbury Eye'. Saturday was tough too although I seemed to deal with it better for some reason.

I was hoping for a bit of light rain to cool things down as my hayfever was having a field day.. ! 

Still, as difficult as it was at times, it was lovely to be able to wear my converse all weekend :)

2 hours ago, JoBalls said:

I struggled Saturday too and I usually love the heat - it was just that little bit too hot! Couldn’t step into direct sunlight for a second without breaking into a full body sweat!

I was at front in the John peel tent Saturday afternoon to see Gerry cinnamon and was so hot I was putting ice down back of my top and my head. Seemed to melt straight away too. 

Edited by Euphoricape

Saturday almost finished me off. I really don't cope well with the heat and it wasn't great getting home at 5am being woken up by a sweat fest in the tent at 7am. Waited in the line for Co-Op to re-open and I nearly passed out. The walk to John Peel never felt so arduous. Couldn't even face Gerry Cinnamon so went to the Woods to cool off only to get stuck in a massive swarm of people who all had the same idea. Finally found a spot and sat there trying with all my might not to be sick from feeling genuinely unwell, pouring water on my head. Thankfully it passed, and that moment aside the weather was utterly perfect.

Couldn't have asked for better arrival and departure conditions though and to not have a speck of rain all weekend is a miracle itself with the amount we had in the lead up, surely the wettest start to June ever. Hard to believe I was having the heating on and wearing jumpers a week prior.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

I was inside that tent and it was like being in the centre of the sun. FDC were worth it though. Every last trickle ?

Massive respect to you for venturing inside! I saw how soaking wet with sweat people were when they came out past me. We were there in plenty of time to have got in the tent but knew I wouldn't be able to hack it! They sounded great though.

Anyone know the temps for Saturday? My BBC weather forecast was saying 27 which seems bollocks. Felt a lot hotter.

Absolutely incredible weather all weekend, no idea what we did to deserve that!

The heat did sap a lot of my energy, though. The amount of times I went back to camp to change and just fell asleep in a bit of shade was madness really. Missed things I wanted to do and see but just had no energy to do most of it! 

Although weirdly Saturday and Sunday were the days I was out and about the most. 

Edited by DareToDibble