The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

57 minutes ago, Homer said:

Temps now 20-25 highs over the event, depending on day. Is that comparable with 2017? Not sure I'll be needing the factor 50 after all!

Mid 20s would be quite a bit hotter than 2017 (apart from that wednesday where it got to 32 degrees). Definitely sun cream weather!

2 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

I’m just about to set off from the Midlands and it is chilly and breezy!

Hope the hundred miles down south make the difference because I have packed for ☀️ 

Yep, very cold at a service station in the Midlands...Sheffield was pretty grim too. 

OK, weather latest:

- 06z run keeps everything nice and dry as always. No real change ?

- Temps topping out at 25/26 on Saturday

- One additional consideration - Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind Thursday / Friday in Cornwall. Doesn't reach Somerset BUT GFS shows it'll be pretty breezy Thursday into Friday. Which might be a pain re: sound on bigger stages and re: dust 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Hope the hundred miles down south make the difference because I have packed for ☀️ 

That's a charitable way of putting it! It's fucking rank in Nottingham.

Hard to believe we're set for great festival weather when it's been so dire over the past few days here. It's cold and wet!

22 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

OK, weather latest:

- 06z run keeps everything nice and dry as always. No real change ?

- Temps topping out at 25/26 on Saturday

- One additional consideration - Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind Thursday / Friday in Cornwall. Doesn't reach Somerset BUT GFS shows it'll be pretty breezy Thursday into Friday. Which might be a pain re: sound on bigger stages and re: dust 

I think the Tuesday rain has dealt with the dust issue

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Temps now 20-25 highs over the event, depending on day. Is that comparable with 2017? Not sure I'll be needing the factor 50 after all!

It's not the temperature that burns you, it's the UV, so you can still get roasted if it's 23 degrees so be careful.

2 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Colleague just started lecturing me about the weather prospects for this weekend, as if I hadn't been lurking in this thread since October, and as though this would be brand new information to me.

Amateur.

I told two colleagues yesterday that a heatwave was on the way tot he UK. I couldn't believe they didn't know. Then realised not everyone has been checking the forecast 45 times a day for the last month.

1 hour ago, kevbizarre said:

Chilly and breezy is perfect for hiking in with all your gear, much better than sweating and burning in the queue.   

I think this Glastonbury is going to be a classic weather wise ? - have fun everyone!

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

I told two colleagues yesterday that a heatwave was on the way tot he UK. I couldn't believe they didn't know. Then realised not everyone has been checking the forecast 45 times a day for the last month.

This is true. Casually dropped the battle between the European high and the Atlantic low into conversation at the pub over the weekend, and everyone looked at me like I'm mad.

Maybe they're right, but at least I'm not alone!

After a couple of humid and hot days in London today felt positively fresh! Perfect weather for getting to Victoria, overcast and not too warm, which was so much more pleasant than the journey up in 2017. Really feel like we might nail the weather this year lads. Over halfway there now and feeling quite calm but contented about being at my favourite place in the world again soon :)

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Any idea how hot it is down there right now? It's super cold in Nottingham! Not sure what to wear on the train down to Bristol tonight.

Don't know temperature but the suns currently out and it's lovely and warm, not been cold once today and I've had t-shirt and shorts all day.