The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

As the resident meteorologist’s are probably already there (and I’m sat at home waiting for tomorrow) I will do a quick update on the latest GFS 12Z run.

Latest model showing a completely dry festival!! Even the tiny smattering of showers for Sunday that was showing on the previous run have disappeared.

Temps (BBC in brackets)

Weds - 19-20 (22), Thursday- 21-22 (23), Friday - 23-24 (26), Sat - 23 (26) Sun - 19 (20)

Looks like we made it guys! Have, fun, keep applying the sun cream and see you Thursday!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, tumbles said:

I love how calm it is when nothing to fear ! Still the tiniest bit of drizzle in air every now and again. Needs to warm up soon 

Interesting benchmark for today - UKMO says sunny by 11am and 23 degrees, BBC says heavy cloud till early afternoon and nothing above 20. 

Fingers crossed UKMO is right! 

2 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Interesting benchmark for today - UKMO says sunny by 11am and 23 degrees, BBC says heavy cloud till early afternoon and nothing above 20. 

I still don’t like that rain down over the Channel Isles!  It does feel as if it’s brightening up 

2 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Just watched the GMB forecast in our B&B (in WV so no rush, just waiting for breakfast ?) and they’re going the MO approach. 

It’s definitely misty down in the valley at the back of Pennards though it is lifting

20 minutes ago, Homer said:

Temps now 20-25 highs over the event, depending on day. Is that comparable with 2017? Not sure I'll be needing the factor 50 after all!

Looking at the forecast, it seems to me those temperatures could easily spike to 30 in the sun. Particularly on Friday and Saturday.