The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Thanks to all those on the thread who have contributed especially @briddj & @Glasto Weatherwatch for their efforts & @The Nal for his reminder that in the end regardless - we are fucked.

@Sasperella - Hopefully I don't fry, but temperatures coming down are definitely a more manageable. Id rather them be a bit lower, but compared to the predictions a few days ago, I cant really complain.

Have a good one everyone!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

To all those on the thread who have contributed especially @briddj & @Glasto Weatherwatch for their efforts & @The Nal for his reminder that in the end regardless - we are fucked.

@Sasperella - Hopefully I don't fry, but temperatures coming down are definitely a more manageable. Id rather a bit lower, but compared to the predictions a few days ago, I cant really complain.

Have a good one everyone!

Hope it works out for you mate - all the best.

Fantastic final run. I don’t particularly want the “hottest Glastonbury on record”. Perfect temps for me are between 19 and 24, no rain, sun and a gentle breeze. A very light drizzle Sunday would be nothing but welcome  

Honestly? This is absolutely perfect. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

12z update for those still here. Apologies for lameness of this compared to @briddj's efforts. 

Tomorrow:

Completely dry. Temps around 20 degrees.

Thursday:

Completely dry. Temps up to 22 degrees.

Friday:

Completely dry. Temps up to 23 degrees.

Saturday:

Completely dry. Band of rain to the North but no touching the SW.  Temps up to 24 degrees.

Sunday:

Dry, perhaps some very light drizzle in the am. Temps a bit lower, 19/20. Also, high likelihood of Kylie. 

I don't think AccueWeather got the memo.....showers?????

Tbf though, they have been wrong about the weather about 95% of the 21 days I've lived in Glasgow

IMG_20190625_175914.jpg

I really wanted this message to be post number 1000. But alas, it's number 999. Wait, we can make this work.

*Sirens on*

OUT OF OFFICE IS ON AND IT'S TIME FOR GLASTONBURY 2019! IT'S PERFECT CONDITIONS TEAM, I KID YOU NOT. SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!

Thanks for the rollercoaster ride in here. It's been mental.

*Sirens continue for a while, then ok to switch off I guess*

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, briddj said:

So, this is. The emotional rollercoaster is over. The last update in full, the 12Z is here!

Sorry for the delay - the Sunday afternoon charts took aggggggeeeesss!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This again remains really consistent, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: We're now CLEAR OF RAIN THROUGH THE WHOLE FESTIVAL except for the miniscule risk of light rain on Sunday afternoon.

This is what it looks like when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.a9e6bdd656869ce68cdf70a28df5e9ef.png

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Wednesday 20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (23, 24), Friday 23 (26, 26), Saturday 23-24 (25, 22), Sunday 20 (20, 20)

Summary: Again temperatures have been tracked down a degree here and there, and the Met Office too is now going with 22 for Saturday rather than the 23-25 shown elsewhere. So the real oppresive heat has definitely being edged further east as the days have gone by. 

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

And that's that from my mega updates. Have a good weekend!

Have a virtual hi 5.? for your sterling work this festival. If I see you at the meet you can have a real one. Good job man for real !

48 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

No worries, gives the stragglers the chance to adjust to my much shitter no graphics updates tomorrow when you disappear!

Bring back the swingometer for some good time sunshine! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

4pm update: cloudy, but the horrible humidity for earlier has gone and we now have quite a stiff (chilly) breeze which will dry things up nicely. I’m at Williams Green and there are puddles at the edge of the road but the road itself is back to throwing up dust when vans go by. 

Yay! We wont be arriving until tomorrow evening - shall keep a look out for you in the canteen.

46 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

No worries, gives the stragglers the chance to adjust to my much shitter no graphics updates tomorrow when you disappear!

Oh that's a relief. Was worrying I might actually have to spend my last day at work working, rather than in here. 

Cheers to @briddj (and others) for the excellent updates!

1 hour ago, briddj said:

So, this is. The emotional rollercoaster is over. The last update in full, the 12Z is here!

Sorry for the delay - the Sunday afternoon charts took aggggggeeeesss!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This again remains really consistent, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: We're now CLEAR OF RAIN THROUGH THE WHOLE FESTIVAL except for the miniscule risk of light rain on Sunday afternoon.

This is what it looks like when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.a9e6bdd656869ce68cdf70a28df5e9ef.png

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Wednesday 20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (23, 24), Friday 23 (26, 26), Saturday 23-24 (25, 22), Sunday 20 (20, 20)

Summary: Again temperatures have been tracked down a degree here and there, and the Met Office too is now going with 22 for Saturday rather than the 23-25 shown elsewhere. So the real oppresive heat has definitely being edged further east as the days have gone by. 

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

And that's that from my mega updates. Have a good weekend!

Cheers for you updates lad! Have a good festival man ?