The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

28 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Out of curiosity was it the ex’s first Glastonbury? 

I don’t know (m)any people that wouldn’t take the time off to be there Wednesday and Thursday if they had the choice.

It was his first. Not mine so I was understandably upset. I think I’m most excited for Wednesday and Thursday this year, I just can’t wait to explore. 

12 minutes ago, briddj said:

Just been out on the bike for a couple of hours. Was close but not really warm, then the sun came out and it was ROASTING. Be prepared!

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I think I became obsessed my the weather was dedicated. 

It’s proper muggy out there

Just now, cb4747 said:

It was his first. Not mine so I was understandably upset. I think I’m most excited for Wednesday and Thursday this year, I just can’t wait to explore. 

I would have just gone and said i'll see you there!  You are better off with him anyway...

17 minutes ago, Wurzelcat said:

A bit squelchy on site from last night's rain and it's overcast so not drying very quickly. Wellies not vital but would be useful initially

Are you saying it's genuinely welly deep mud - or that there's the slightest hint of the brown stuff barely as deep as the soles of your shoes.

For the welly warning it should be inches deep

I didn't post much but I have followed this thread and The State of the Ground avidly via a constant stream of email updates over the past few weeks. It has genuinely been emotional. Thanks so much guys and especially @briddj for making this such a wild ride, with such a happy ending!

I can hardly believe it and am properly buzzing :)

See you on the farm!!

20 minutes ago, Wurzelcat said:

A bit squelchy on site from last night's rain and it's overcast so not drying very quickly. Wellies not vital but would be useful initially

This is throwing my packing into disarray , I have re packed 3 times and i just cannot decide on walking boots or walking shoes.

My wellys are staying at home as I'm coming on coach so they'd have had to have goner with my other half in the car on Sunday. (he made that decision for me)

boots, shoes, boots, shoes, boots???????

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Wear one, tie the other to your backpack

Unfortunately this new backpack has limited straps and what it has is being used to strap my sleeping bag to it! Ill check again though, good advice ?

Just now, amyg1990 said:

Unfortunately this new backpack has limited straps and what it has is being used to strap my sleeping bag to it! Ill check again though, good advice ?

If nothing else you should be able to tie to a zip in some way. Always do this when I travel overseas.

8 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

This is throwing my packing into disarray , I have re packed 3 times and i just cannot decide on walking boots or walking shoes.

My wellys are staying at home as I'm coming on coach so they'd have had to have goner with my other half in the car on Sunday. (he made that decision for me)

boots, shoes, boots, shoes, boots???????

Just take your shoes, you don't want to be in boots when it's super hot.

There might be minimal mud tomorrow from a bit of a churn so as long as you don't mind getting them a bit dirty they'll be fine. 

Then by tomorrow eve/ Thursday it will all be forgotten

11 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

If nothing else you should be able to tie to a zip in some way. Always do this when I travel overseas.

Hadnt thought of zip ties thanks.

6 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Just take your shoes, you don't want to be in boots when it's super hot.

There might be minimal mud tomorrow from a bit of a churn so as long as you don't mind getting them a bit dirty they'll be fine. 

Then by tomorrow eve/ Thursday it will all be forgotten

definitely don't mind them getting dirty! 

F**ck it, ive packed for shoes ill take the shoes, cant be repacking now! Thanks for your words of wisdom!