The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This again remains really consistent, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: We're now CLEAR OF RAIN THROUGH THE WHOLE FESTIVAL. Any sign of rain for today would be nothing more than a bit of drizzle even if it arrives. Brilliant for drying the overnight rain. Same on Sunday, even if it were around it would be drizzle.

This is what it looks like when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.22aaaadf733f9fb73800783ac5075363.png

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Tuesday 19-20 (21, 21), Wednesday 20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (24, 24), Friday 23 (26, 26), Saturday 25-26 (26, 22), Sunday 19-20 (21, 20)

Summary: GFS has dropped two degrees to 23 on Friday. But then GFS has flipped to agree with the BBC on Sat at 26 degrees, while Accuweather has tracked right down to be in agreement with the old GFS at 22 degrees.

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

We've only gone and won it.

One more in-full update left for me!

Great work mate!

VICTORY IS OURS!!!

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This again remains really consistent, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: We're now CLEAR OF RAIN THROUGH THE WHOLE FESTIVAL. Any sign of rain for today would be nothing more than a bit of drizzle even if it arrives. Brilliant for drying the overnight rain. Same on Sunday, even if it were around it would be drizzle.

This is what it looks like when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.22aaaadf733f9fb73800783ac5075363.png

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Tuesday 19-20 (21, 21), Wednesday 20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (24, 24), Friday 23 (26, 26), Saturday 25-26 (26, 22), Sunday 19-20 (21, 20)

Summary: GFS has dropped two degrees to 23 on Friday. But then GFS has flipped to agree with the BBC on Sat at 26 degrees, while Accuweather has tracked right down to be in agreement with the old GFS at 22 degrees.

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

We've only gone and won it.

One more in-full update left for me!

Is it official? We don't need wellies?!

1 minute ago, blackdog said:

Thank you to all those who dedicated their times to keep the rest of us amused & bang up to date

Very much so. All heroes. Now I’m off to repack with more summer clothes! ??

10 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

Guys......

Guys.......

Guys.................................................................

We're going to be alright!!!!!!!!

Yea alright no need to shout I hear you old son lol

Funny... We worry we pray we curse and then bang 

IT'S ALL GONNA BE A ALRIGHT 

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/glastonbury/ba6-9/daily-weather-forecast/330614

268x0w.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Did it rain in 2017? I must have been more drunk than I thought :lol: 

Not much, but it rained a bit post-headliners on the Friday, as I remember sheltering at the covered seats by Williams Green. Brief bit of Saturday lunchtime rain too. 

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

I get there 7pm Friday due to teaching...

I had to arrive Friday late evening in 2015 thanks to my (now ex) partner who didn’t want to take the day off work. It was still fine, got a decent camping spot but missed the fun of Wednesday and Thursday (and most of Friday) 

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I had to arrive Friday late evening in 2015 thanks to my (now ex) partner who didn’t want to take the day off work. It was still fine, got a decent camping spot but missed the fun of Wednesday and Thursday (and most of Friday) 

Out of curiosity was it the ex’s first Glastonbury? 

I don’t know (m)any people that wouldn’t take the time off to be there Wednesday and Thursday if they had the choice.

Oh, what a ride this has been. Great craic altogether and is all ends up with an ideal forecast.

Still taking the wellies if only not to scud things, but looks like we have hit the jackpot.

Will be moonwalking out of work here shortly to pack and begin the journey. Yeoowwww!!