The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

55 minutes ago, doodlesbyben said:

I'm heading off soon to queue overnight. I want to say another massive thank you to everyone here for a really fun couple of weeks. It's been really educational too.

If you see me or my flag (I hope that breeze keeps it aloft!) come say hi. I've got keyrings and pins to give away.

See you in the fields pals!

Ben 

IMG_0977.jpg

I adore pin badges so will be on the look out ❤️ 

14 minutes ago, briddj said:

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This again remains really consistent, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: We're now CLEAR OF RAIN THROUGH THE WHOLE FESTIVAL. Any sign of rain for today would be nothing more than a bit of drizzle even if it arrives. Brilliant for drying the overnight rain. Same on Sunday, even if it were around it would be drizzle.

This is what it looks like when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.22aaaadf733f9fb73800783ac5075363.png

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Tuesday 19-20 (21, 21), Wednesday 20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (24, 24), Friday 23 (26, 26), Saturday 25-26 (26, 22), Sunday 19-20 (21, 20)

Summary: GFS has dropped two degrees to 23 on Friday. But then GFS has flipped to agree with the BBC on Sat at 26 degrees, while Accuweather has tracked right down to be in agreement with the old GFS at 22 degrees.

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

We've only gone and won it.

One more in-full update left for me!

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d11f63d6849393955

38 minutes ago, briddj said:

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This again remains really consistent, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: We're now CLEAR OF RAIN THROUGH THE WHOLE FESTIVAL. Any sign of rain for today would be nothing more than a bit of drizzle even if it arrives. Brilliant for drying the overnight rain. Same on Sunday, even if it were around it would be drizzle.

This is what it looks like when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.22aaaadf733f9fb73800783ac5075363.png

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Tuesday 19-20 (21, 21), Wednesday 20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (24, 24), Friday 23 (26, 26), Saturday 25-26 (26, 22), Sunday 19-20 (21, 20)

Summary: GFS has dropped two degrees to 23 on Friday. But then GFS has flipped to agree with the BBC on Sat at 26 degrees, while Accuweather has tracked right down to be in agreement with the old GFS at 22 degrees.

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

We've only gone and won it.

One more in-full update left for me!

Sterling work!! 

See you all in the fields ??????

• Upvote 2