The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

5 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Happy trails to everyone setting off this morning, you all survived the stress!

Do still pack for it to be cold at night, it's always a bit of a surprise especially after a roasting day

Only packed hot weather stuff? What is this madness? I am always freezing at night so I take all sorts of hoodies, coats and blankets.

11 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Only packed hot weather stuff? What is this madness? I am always freezing at night so I take all sorts of hoodies, coats and blankets.

You've got the right plan!

It's lovely to be able to relax a while when you get back to the tents and be warm, not shivering and sent to bed by being cold

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

The VERY LAST 06Z BEFORE THE GATES OPEN is running.

Let's get this in the bag!

Come on lads! Out of interest, when are you planning to do your last weather run/summary? 

Cheers for your exceptional work on here over the last couple off weeks, what a ride it has been!

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This again remains really consistent, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: We're now CLEAR OF RAIN THROUGH THE WHOLE FESTIVAL. Any sign of rain for today would be nothing more than a bit of drizzle even if it arrives. Brilliant for drying the overnight rain. Same on Sunday, even if it were around it would be drizzle.

This is what it looks like when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.22aaaadf733f9fb73800783ac5075363.png

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Tuesday 19-20 (21, 21), Wednesday 20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (24, 24), Friday 23 (26, 26), Saturday 25-26 (26, 22), Sunday 19-20 (21, 20)

Summary: GFS has dropped two degrees to 23 on Friday. But then GFS has flipped to agree with the BBC on Sat at 26 degrees, while Accuweather has tracked right down to be in agreement with the old GFS at 22 degrees.

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

We've only gone and won it.

One more in-full update left for me!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 18

Just in case I don't get a chance to get back on here, may I just give an absolutely massive thank you to @briddj and @Aragorn for all of their hard work and dedication over the last few weeks.  This has truly been a rollercoaster of a weather thread this year.

From facing floods, a prospect of the 2016 muds, to searing heat and finally settling on the perfect festival weather, this thread has  had it all and it wouldn't have been what it was without all of you guys contributing.

And an extra shout out to @The Nal, who is always on hand to temper our expectations and keep our feet firmly on the (dry, non muddy) ground.

Right, best do a bit of work before I can finally put my out of office email on.

See you all on the farm!

Dan

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Come on lads! Out of interest, when are you planning to do your last weather run/summary? 

Cheers for your exceptional work on here over the last couple off weeks, what a ride it has been!

Last one in full will be th 12Z at 5.10pm tonight. Then I'm off to the pub. Will have a look at it later tonight and tomorrow morning, but not with a full assessment.

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This again remains really consistent, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: We're now CLEAR OF RAIN THROUGH THE WHOLE FESTIVAL. Any sign of rain for today would be nothing more than a bit of drizzle even if it arrives. Brilliant for drying the overnight rain. Same on Sunday, even if it were around it would be drizzle.

This is what it looks like when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.22aaaadf733f9fb73800783ac5075363.png

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Tuesday 19-20 (21, 21), Wednesday 20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (24, 24), Friday 23 (26, 26), Saturday 25-26 (26, 22), Sunday 19-20 (21, 20)

Summary: GFS has dropped two degrees to 23 on Friday. But then GFS has flipped to agree with the BBC on Sat at 26 degrees, while Accuweather has tracked right down to be in agreement with the old GFS at 22 degrees.

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

We've only gone and won it.

One more in-full update left for me!

Thank you so much @briddj for your efforts! Have an awesome festival dude

6 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Just in case I don't get a chance to get back on here, may I just give an absolutely massive thank you to @briddj and @Aragorn for all of their hard work and dedication over the last few weeks.  This has truly been a rollercoaster of a weather thread this year.

From facing floods, a prospect of the 2016 muds, to searing heat and finally settling on the perfect festival weather, this thread has  had it all and it wouldn't have been what it was without all of you guys contributing.

And an extra shout out to @The Nal, who is always on hand to temper our expectations and keep our feet firmly on the (dry, non muddy) ground.

This. 100%. And others...Thank You

Edited by Avalon_Fields