The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 hour ago, justperfect said:

Also from Rochdale.

Also dreading the thermal meltdown I'm probably going to suffer from this weekend

51 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Small world. Im now in Heywood, but originally from Norden.

And I'm working in Rochdale, (Queensway) though live in Reddish, Stockport. Roll on 4pm!

Edited by ericlered

23 minutes ago, beege89 said:

Really?  I figured theyd jack up the price for them on site. 

I bought some in 2015 and they were reasonably priced and very comfy. Actually worked out cheaper than some of the stores near where I lived in central London

Absolutely hammering it down in Bristol this morning flash flooding. however drove south to Taunton and the rain had eased and has now stopped where i am. Should dry pretty quickly but hopefully the real heavy stuff missed the site as it was seriously coming down!

47 minutes ago, beege89 said:

OK last opportunity to buy some wellies. I've already got two pairs of shoes including some high top converses I'm willing to get messed up, plus I'm coming by coach and I have heaps of stuff to carry already. What do you guys think? 

I didn't take wellies in 2010 and was absolutely fine - in fact I only had flipflops.

I'm not taking them this year - DMs and sandals. I've said it.

Briddj THANK YOU for all your efforts. 

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Cheers mate. Hopefully it holds off for the cricket.

Hasn’t rained all morning (I’m central now), though would say the overheads look like textbook swing bowling conditions! Win the toss and bowl.

(I’m working from home today and I’ve got Sky ?)

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Small world. Im now in Heywood, but originally from Norden.

1 hour ago, justperfect said:

Also from Rochdale.

Also dreading the thermal meltdown I'm probably going to suffer from this weekend

29 minutes ago, ericlered said:

And I'm working in Rochdale, (Queensway) though live in Reddish, Stockport. Roll on 4pm!

I'm from Heywood too! Very small world. Have a good festival guys.

And a special thanks to @briddj& @Aragornfor the weather analysis/updates. It's very much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

This rain has got me worried, I’ve only packed hot weather stuff. It’ll be fine, right? How was the temperature last night on site? I’ll be ok with leggings and jumper? 

Dont think it's anything to worry about, it was as per the forecast, temps still high for the festival.

1 hour ago, sedra said:

Due to my disorganisation yesterday when it was ideal washing drying weather in the garden, but I forgot to put it out - I found my washing still damp today  ? So due to the rain outside now I am preparing for the predicted hot weather by sticking the central heating on for a bit! ? hoping the last minute bits I need are dry by the time I finish packing!! 

Central heating on in my house too after I left my hoodie on the line last night and it was wetter this morning than when it came out of the machine 

I'm heading off soon to queue overnight. I want to say another massive thank you to everyone here for a really fun couple of weeks. It's been really educational too.

If you see me or my flag (I hope that breeze keeps it aloft!) come say hi. I've got keyrings and pins to give away.

See you in the fields pals!

Ben 

IMG_0977.jpg

Edited by doodlesbyben
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy trails to everyone setting off this morning, you all survived the stress!

36 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

This rain has got me worried, I’ve only packed hot weather stuff. It’ll be fine, right? How was the temperature last night on site? I’ll be ok with leggings and jumper? 

Do still pack for it to be cold at night, it's always a bit of a surprise especially after a roasting day