The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

8 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im in Rochdale, but my family are from Royton. So the other side of Oldham.

I was up at the white hart for a meal last week, nice area. That might be more springhead than Saddleworth though?

Also from Rochdale.

Also dreading the thermal meltdown I'm probably going to suffer from this weekend

This is a legit graph from my work place showing outstanding unprocessed work. i check it first thing each morning to measure where we are at performance wise. interesting that it pretty much mirrors my productivity due largely to this thread.

(although in this case the downward chart is a good thing showing the team are more that making up for my lack of productivity)

image.png.a92c551d4152b96efb3f1d471a32dc8a.png

Edited by Stocksey

8 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

THIS IS THE FAULT OF THE BLASPHEMY OF THE VAIN, CRAVEN WELLY DISCARDERS ANGERING THE RAIN GODS

REPENT

REPENT

REPACK YOUR WATERPROOFS

I was thinking the same thing. So to appease the Gods I wore my waterproof to the train station this morning for the first time in about 18months (it was tipping down ~0600. Herts). 

Will also make sure wellies get put in the car tonight. 

• Upvote 1

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This remains really consistent and now we're in the +120 timeframe confidence can start to grow on this being the outcome, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: Obviously there's been a fair bit of rain overnight into toight, but this was always forecast. From the weather radar, the rain will be gone by 10am and then the drying process is pretty much GO GO GO bar the later spotty showers you can see!

318746702_2019-06-2508_06_25.thumb.png.97b88d2a268f490123c8b1e240b58af5.png

And this is how it looks when the gates open, clear and 17-18.

image.png.c04fd0190966e555afd30ab5926b163f.png

The dry throughout the whole festival once again with only the risk of VERY insignificant showers on Sunday afternoon after the pressure drops.

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Tuesday 19-20 (22, 21), Wednesday 19-20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (24, 24), Friday 24-25 (26, 26), Saturday 21-22 (26, 24), Sunday 20 (21, 20)

Summary: Wednesday temperature has tracked down 1 degree on the BBC and Accuweather - and on Friday, Saturday too. It would seem the apps are coming more into line with the GFS predictions as we go along.... Will Saturday end up being low 20s by the time we get to that day?

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This remains really consistent and now we're in the +120 timeframe confidence can start to grow on this being the outcome, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: Obviously there's been a fair bit of rain overnight into toight, but this was always forecast. From the weather radar, the rain will be gone by 10am and then the drying process is pretty much GO GO GO bar the later spotty showers you can see!

The dry throughout the whole festival once again with only the risk of VERY insignificant showers on Sunday afternoon after the pressure drops.

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Tuesday 19-20 (22, 21), Wednesday 19-20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (24, 24), Friday 24-25 (26, 26), Saturday 21-22 (26, 24), Sunday 20 (21, 20)

Summary: Wednesday temperature has tracked down 1 degree on the BBC and Accuweather - and on Friday, Saturday too. It would seem the apps are coming more into line with the GFS predictions as we go along.... Will Saturday end up being low 20s by the time we get to that day?

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

Thanks to you for all your work, and everyone else on the thread- hopefully we can now all enjoy the fruits of our labour!

Right I am now off to Bristol and leaving my fancy phone here so won't have internet til after the festival- hope you all have a great time!

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

Much of a breeze today? We could really do with some nice ground-drying wind today!

OK last opportunity to buy some wellies. I've already got two pairs of shoes including some high top converses I'm willing to get messed up, plus I'm coming by coach and I have heaps of stuff to carry already. What do you guys think? 

Edited by beege89

Due to my disorganisation yesterday when it was ideal washing drying weather in the garden, but I forgot to put it out - I found my washing still damp today  ? So due to the rain outside now I am preparing for the predicted hot weather by sticking the central heating on for a bit! ? hoping the last minute bits I need are dry by the time I finish packing!! 

3 minutes ago, beege89 said:

OK last opportunity to buy some wellies. I've already got two pairs of shoes including some high top converses I'm willing to get messed up, plus I'm coming by coach and I have heaps of stuff to carry already. What do you guys think? 

trainers all the way

8 minutes ago, beege89 said:

Bring them. If you don't bring them the gods will curse us all. 

In all seriousness, no harm just to be on the safe side no? Worse case scenerio is you don't need them and have a little extra weight

12 minutes ago, beege89 said:

If you've not bought them already you should be able to find reasonably priced ones onsite. 

3 minutes ago, beege89 said:

Really?  I figured theyd jack up the price for them on site. 

I've not bought any there in 10 years, but I didn't feel I was being fleeced back then. You'll buy a crap pair today, lug them with you and then hopefully not use them, or take a chance and maybe pay a bit more but actually need them...