The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Purposely set my alarm early to ensure I’m tired for tonight and tomorrow’s early set off isn’t too much of a shock. Glad to see I’ve stumbled into the early morning weather club. 

Gooood morning! Seems like a good idea..... ?

safe trip 

2 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Given the forecasts just a week ago, and what we’ve got now, I think we can handle this. A day drying out in time for the masses to arrive tomorrow and everything will be fine. 

Yeah, I’m sure the ground will hold up well. Just another drizzle right now. Always sounds worse than it actually is in a CV

13 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

We’re all mad! So it’s not lovely right now but the amount of overnight rain won’t be a real problem 

9F975C04-81F6-45D0-8E59-D30370CEE7B8.jpeg

I can see the sun poking through in the background if you really squint and stand on one leg....... the view is spectacular 

jamie 

Another early morning riser reporting in, Ive been listening to the rain here (Surrey) for the past two hours trying to sleep & wondering what’s occurring on site. seems I’m not the only one! Thanks for the live through the night updates, total dedication! 

Awake. Just about to jump in the shower. 

Leaving for my friends house at 7 then we're making the 20min trip to a cafe nearby the site to meet our convoy of 27 for breakfast at 9.30.

Will join the east camper queue after. Will they open before the advertised 12pm? I think they did last year. 

Just awoken in Croydon and its very grey and a little soggy, but it's reassuring to hear from people already down there.

I went to bed ridiculously late last night and have awoken early in the hope that I can actually get some half decent kip tonight ahead of a 3.30am start for the 6am coach from the O2 tomorrow. As always, my first activity of the day is to log on and check this thread. I haven't posted much but make no mistake, I've been viewing this thread almost every hour of every day for the past month (How have I not been sacked!?), and I have been relaying the info back to friends in our WhatsApp group. 

Its been one hell of a roller coaster and extremely useful for prepping, so a big thanks to everyone who really put the effort in, especially @briddj, what a legend! I'm going to feel empty not checking for your updates from next week, it's almost been like the anticipation of the FA cup 3rd round draw 4 times a day! ? Safe travels everyone and here's to having a blinder! 

Edited by Familiar2billions
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raining heavily here but I'm about 1 mile for the site so hopefully not so bad there. If they're getting the same intensity of rain and if it's continuing until lunchtime, the site won't dry out by tomorrow.

Edited by Ommadawn
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Raining heavily here but I'm about 1 mile for the site so hopefully not so bad there. If they're getting the same intensity of rain and if it's continuing until lunchtime, the site won't dry out by tomorrow.

the rain radar suggests it'll ease off quite soon, and it'll stop within a few hours.