The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

35 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I was saying to my son earlier that I'd happily take the weather from 09, 10, 13, 15 or 17 again.  On the whole we've been a lucky bunch with the weather over the last decade.  Only one damp one, couple with some mud that affected a day or two, several heatwaves.  This year is for sure shaping up to be a classic what with the weather, all the changes on site and you lovely bunch of people bringing the party.  Cheers for the thread this year folks, it's been a journey.

08 was also fine. Like 09, but not quite as good.

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Honestly I'm so on board with a cooler 20 degrees wednesday. I got major heatstroke as I'm sure did a few people in 2017 and it knocked me out for not only the whole day but Thursday morning too. 

I fell asleep on a long drop not sure if that was with the heat or the alcohol though......

Amazing forum, amazing thread, amazing people. Thanks so much for all the effort by those in the know here, it's been truly emotional reading this year... The out of office turned on, that's me all packed up, tucked in and more or less ready to fook off super early to our favourite place. See you on the inside! xx 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im in Rochdale, but my family are from Royton. So the other side of Oldham.

I was up at the white hart for a meal last week, nice area. That might be more springhead than Saddleworth though?

White Hart is Lydgate so deffo Saddleworth. We’re just along from Grains Bar above Delph. 

Mate going with us lives at Buersil

1 minute ago, Flysheet said:

White Hart is Lydgate so deffo Saddleworth. We’re just along from Grains Bar above Delph. 

Mate going with us lives at Buersil

I know a few people in Delph. I am a latics season ticket holder, so I know a few.

Buersil isnt really near me now, but I know where you mean. Strangely, Ive talked to random people from Rochdale / Oldham at a few festivals over the years.

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I know a few people in Delph. I am a latics season ticket holder, so I know a few.

Buersil isnt really near me now, but I know where you mean. Strangely, Ive talked to random people from Rochdale / Oldham at a few festivals over the years.

Small(ish) world. I’m a comer inner, only been here 6 years, from Rotherham originally so we’ll have been at the same matches, same festivals and I know a few Latics lads as well so chances are they might be the same!

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

We’re all mad! So it’s not lovely right now but the amount of overnight rain won’t be a real problem 

9F975C04-81F6-45D0-8E59-D30370CEE7B8.jpeg

Given the forecasts just a week ago, and what we’ve got now, I think we can handle this. A day drying out in time for the masses to arrive tomorrow and everything will be fine.