The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This one?

Absolute 10/10 top notch dance skills there! 

That is not the hat I was looking at - I had a picture come up on my Instagram memories and in the background is a guy with specs and a snazzy red hat, however I now see that it is not you but merely some Stuartbert Two Hats wannabe... 

A60FC76B-416F-464B-BD14-C118AD68F6D9.jpeg

3 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Absolute 10/10 top notch dance skills there! 

That is not the hat I was looking at - I had a picture come up on my Instagram memories and in the background is a guy with specs and a snazzy red hat, however I now see that it is not you but merely some Stuartbert Two Hats wannabe... 

A60FC76B-416F-464B-BD14-C118AD68F6D9.jpeg

He does look a bit like an uglier version of me. It's definitely not me though!

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

From memory, 30 on the Wednesday but then around 19-21 for the rest. I thought that was perfect but one of my friends was complaining it was "chilly'

I put a jumper on Sunday evening for the first time in 2017, didn’t need one up to that point

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

Nothing in Poole/Bournemouth yet but feels close to it. 

There wasn't as much rain as I thought there might be. So hopefully it will be the same for you :)

Sat morning 2017 wasn’t great; watched Whitney on a wet and breezy Other Stage but think it dried out fairly quickly. I’m sure it was only really hot on the Wednesday. Was also very windy at times; damaged my campsite Radiohead flag pole up on Big Ground. 

1 minute ago, Jackomanaco said:

2019 will be the new 2010! It will be talked about for years

I was saying to my son earlier that I'd happily take the weather from 09, 10, 13, 15 or 17 again.  On the whole we've been a lucky bunch with the weather over the last decade.  Only one damp one, couple with some mud that affected a day or two, several heatwaves.  This year is for sure shaping up to be a classic what with the weather, all the changes on site and you lovely bunch of people bringing the party.  Cheers for the thread this year folks, it's been a journey.

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

As was said earlier, kinda crazy that if the festival was on last year it would of been not only 3 years with barely any rain but also insane temps. 

Imagine how hard tickets could be in the coming years if global warming makes this the normal! There's a generation growing up without the glastonbury mud being on their TV's every year!

Here's the 18Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This has been really consistent for about five runs now, with the low coming in over the north but higher pressure staying over the south for the weekend.

Precipitation: Now showing a nasty band of torrential rain tomorrow morning at 9am - this has moved back east close to the site on the GFS. Will it hit?

image.png.4d9a4b625d8d92981e5d95d18e718a1a.png

That rain clears after lunch bar a few light showers. Still dry and around 17 when the gates open:

image.png.831880faee350dbb2634e63cda3ffc2e.png

The dry throughout the whole festival once again.

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Tuesday 20-21 (22, 22), Wednesday 18-19 (23, 22), Thursday 21-22 (25, 24), Friday 23-24 (27, 26), Saturday 22-23 (25, 24), Sunday 20-21 (21, 20)

Summary: Wednesday temperature has tracked down 1-2 degrees on the GFS to noticeably below the national seasonal average - should make it easier for the trek to set everything up. Friday temperature has also gone down two degrees on the GFS, and Saturday one degree.

Let's not forget, however, that the Met Office still thinks that the record temperature for a Glasto could still be broken! The GFS temperatures don't seem to ring true BUT there does seem to be agreement that Wednesday will be less of a slog now.

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

Sunday goes to +144 hours, a timeframe in which the Netweather geeks have a lot of confidence it seems.

WE'VE ALMOST DONE IT.

(PS: Out of office is now ON)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

Here's the 18Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This has been really consistent for about five runs now, with the low coming in over the north but higher pressure staying over the south for the weekend.

Precipitation: Now showing a nasty band of torrential rain tomorrow morning at 9am - this has moved back east close to the site on the GFS. Will it hit?

image.png.4d9a4b625d8d92981e5d95d18e718a1a.png

That rain clears after lunch bar a few light showers. Still dry and around 17 when the gates open:

image.png.831880faee350dbb2634e63cda3ffc2e.png

The dry throughout the whole festival once again.

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Tuesday 20-21 (22, 22), Wednesday 18-19 (23, 22), Thursday 21-22 (25, 24), Friday 23-24 (27, 26), Saturday 22-23 (25, 24), Sunday 20-21 (21, 20)

Summary: Wednesday temperature has tracked down 1-2 degrees on the GFS to noticeably below the national seasonal average - should make it easier for the trek to set everything up. Friday temperature has also gone down two degrees on the GFS, and Saturday one degree.

Let's not forget, however, that the Met Office still thinks that the record temperature for a Glasto could still be broken! The GFS temperatures don't seem to ring true BUT there does seem to be agreement that Wednesday will be less of a slog now.

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

Sunday goes to +144 hours, a timeframe in which the Netweather geeks have a lot of confidence it seems.

WE'VE ALMOST DONE IT.

(PS: Out of office is now ON)

Many thanks for your efforts. Much appreciated.