The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

Anyone know what the temps were in 2010 for comparison?

i reckon this will be easier - May hit higher but won’t be consistently insane like it was then.

Forecast before hand predicted 20c to 21c, then upgraded to a max of 26-28c during the festival, ah, actually just found the bbc forecast for 2010:

WEDNESDAY: Dry, very warm and sunny. Max temp. 25C. Wind light SW

THURSDAY:  Rather cloudy, misty start. Sunny spells then developing; small chance of a light shower. Humid feel. Max temp. 22C. Wind light WNW

FRIDAY: Early mist quickly clearing; sunny, dry and warm. Max temp. 25C. Wind light-moderate WNW.

SATURDAY: Sunny and very warm / hot. Chance of showers very low (<10%). Max temp 28C. Wind light WSW.

SUNDAY: Sunny and very warm / hot. Chance of showers very low (<10%). Max temp 28C. Wind light SSE.

MONDAY: Sunny spells and very warm.Max temp. 26C. Wind light W.

Edited by Mr.Tease

Just now, Sasperella said:

From memory, 30 on the Wednesday but then around 19-21 for the rest. I thought that was perfect but one of my friends was complaining it was "chilly'

I remember it being hot just couldn’t remember how long it lasted

I'm coaching it down and getting one of my friends to bring some of my booze in his car when he comes on Thursday. Is getting him to bring my wellies going to anger the weather gods...? I know it says it won't rain, but how often do flash floods just turn up out of nowhere...?