The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

2 minutes ago, Deneva48 said:

Can’t do anything to change it, just have to accept it, I’m prepared for it as long as it’s not another 2016. That would finish me off completely. Weather forecasts very confusing. 

What’s confusing about it being dry and warm ?

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

Latest BBC does put a far bit of rain over Pilton as the storms track NE later this evening. One advantage is that they seem to be moving quickly however, though the volume of rain is sure to have some impact.

BBC is saying only light rain though, so hopefully we will be okay.

Really? They were saying localised flooding a minute ago but then it really is so localised when dealing with thunderstorms. I remember Bearded last year we had some severe thunderstorms and there was a lot of local flooding in nearby towns but the site itself survived unscathed.

2 hours ago, briddj said:

Here's the 12Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. Pressure on Sunday remains the same as in several previous runs.

Precipitation: ALL the heavy rain is now showing as missing the site. The torrential stuff now showing as hitting to the east on the GFS too. There is showery rain showing through the day on Tuesday but nothing to cause any concern.

Still dry and 17 when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.02a227b7391ea218d0a52d8e15538848.png

The dry throughout the whole festival once again.

Max Temperature (BBC app temp in brackets): Tuesday 21 (23), Wednesday 20 (23), Thursday 21-22 (25), Friday  25-26 (27), Saturday 23 (25), Sunday 20-21 (21)

Summary: Temperatures have tracked down a tad, and the BBC App is following suit too a degree or so. So the downgrade on that front to more comfortable conditions follows again. Temperatures getting ever more perfect.

Must mention again that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

Another run closer to perfection.

I’d marry this forecast if I could.

aside: the last hour oop north (Denby Dale) the murk/mist has cleared and it’s a humid as fuck. I’m sweating like a whore in church cleaning my gear ready for packing. Although, I am quite fat and sweaty at the best of times....