The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Here's the 12Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. Pressure on Sunday remains the same as in several previous runs.

Precipitation: ALL the heavy rain is now showing as missing the site. The torrential stuff now showing as hitting to the east on the GFS too. There is showery rain showing through the day on Tuesday but nothing to cause any concern.

Still dry and 17 when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.02a227b7391ea218d0a52d8e15538848.png

The dry throughout the whole festival once again.

Max Temperature (BBC app temp in brackets): Tuesday 21 (23), Wednesday 20 (23), Thursday 21-22 (25), Friday  25-26 (27), Saturday 23 (25), Sunday 20-21 (21)

Summary: Temperatures have tracked down a tad, and the BBC App is following suit too a degree or so. So the downgrade on that front to more comfortable conditions follows again. Temperatures getting ever more perfect.

Must mention again that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

Another run closer to perfection.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Is that one of the pop up ones? And if so, would you say its sturdy enough?

I've had one of the previous air/fresh popups through about 8 festivals across several years, has coped with everything without guying out (past the bits to open it's air flaps)

6 pegs, done. 8 and it's all tidy and lovely.

Once you've got the knack of putting them down they're great, just a bit heavier and physically more awkward when packed than the non popup varieties

20 minutes ago, briddj said:

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. Pressure on Sunday remains the same as in several previous runs.

Precipitation: ALL the heavy rain is now showing as missing the site. The torrential stuff now showing as hitting to the east on the GFS too. There is showery rain showing through the day on Tuesday but nothing to cause any concern.

Max Temperature (BBC app temp in brackets): Tuesday 21 (23), Wednesday 20 (23), Thursday 21-22 (25), Friday  25-26 (27), Saturday 23 (25), Sunday 20-21 (21)

Summary: Temperatures have tracked down a tad, and the BBC App is following suit too a degree or so. So the downgrade on that front to more comfortable conditions follows again. Temperatures getting ever more perfect.

Must mention again that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d10fc4f6d61735a59

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, briddj said:

Want to know why I started wearing two hats?  Weeping sores!

Want to know why I had weeping sores?  See above!

31 minutes ago, briddj said:

Channelling my inner Nal....

I'm fucked.

52 minutes ago, briddj said:

giphy (1).gif

giphy.gif

giphy (2).gif

giphy (1)2.gif

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Where does Accue get its info from? I demand a refund. Presumably if this Saturday rain was right, some rain would be showing on the other runs, right...?

Screenshot_20190624-180820.jpg

Looks OK to me old son... 

24 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Want to know why I started wearing two hats?  Weeping sores!

Want to know why I had weeping sores?  See above!

I always thought the story about why you started wearing two hats was pretty much endless and full of misdirection. It's a 250 episode TV series like How I Met Your Mother that finally ends, "and that, kids, is how I started wearing two hats".