The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

46 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Can I just say that the work you @briddj   (and other stalwarts including @Aragorn ) have done is astonishing. Thank you, it is so much appreciated. Hopefully you will be at the Efests meet up,on Wednesday when liquid payment can be made? Cheers

I'll be there dude

06z somerset rain ensemble. Dry dry dry. 

Screenshot_20190624-141244_Samsung Internet.jpg

27 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Sunday looks too cold. Twist.

I’m over north bristol today and it’s so say 20-21 and yet it’s fucking sweltering hot. The humidity factor is going to make some days proper sweaty even at low 20s never mind 28! 

1 hour ago, barkley87 said:

I've always attached the foil blankets to the outside of my tent, which is pretty effective. Do they work just as well if you put them on the inner tent bit?

I've only ever done it to the gap between the inner and outer (so attached to the outside of the inner if you have double skin), so can't make a comparison (and I've only done it in 2017 and at a couple of other non-Glasto scorchers). It's not too noisy if you do it on the inside and less chance of blowing away!

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Pouring in Glasgow now. Hoping we’re using up all the rain clouds up here!

Flying from Edinburgh to Mcr and delayed due to the weather, hammering down

3 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Just had some thunder and lightning here. Hopefully your flight isn’t delayed too long!

Two hours, they’re not boarding at the mo, not been allocated a gate yet even though due off in 12 mins!

Was proper bumpy on the way up this morning and it’s one of those little props. They’ve just diverted a flight to Newcastle as well

Edited by Flysheet

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

time to test how good these fresh and blacks really are ... :) 

My trusty Quechua fresh and black wasn't even hot inside during the Wednesday afternoon / evening heat of 2017. Proved an outstanding buy and will be coming along with me bright and early Wednesday morning this year too! 

1 minute ago, Brownie30 said:

My trusty Quechua fresh and black wasn't even hot inside during the Wednesday afternoon / evening heat of 2017. Proved an outstanding buy and will be coming along with me bright and early Wednesday morning this year too! 

good to hear :) 

2 minutes ago, filmguy said:

Will definitely get some rain in the next 24 hours, which will presumably help dampen the dust down, but as someone else mentioned, it looks like the heaviest stuff will bypass Pilton!  

Looking at the last couple of hours progress, I'm starting to question this. The rain appears to have swung north a bit, instead of east. If you are in Devon can you blow towards Southampton please.

6 minutes ago, Deneva48 said:

It’s not mud there talking about besides .I’ll not get into another discussion re drinking water from the taps. I don’t do it, always bought bottled Glastonbury Spring bottled water from  the stalls, now they’ve stopped that I’m hoping someone sells alternatives. 

They will be selling cans. Just bring your own reusable bottle to tip it into if you want the option of resealing.