The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

7 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Obviously left this waaay too late, but any ideas where i can buy one of these and get it by tomorrow? nearest Decathlon store is too far away from me, tried to click and collect from Asda but the estimated delivery is the 26th.

They are decathlon owned brand so you wouldnt find them anywhere else!

There are other brands but I dont think they get the same rave reviews these do. I bought one last year and love it 

1 minute ago, Laurenkfj said:

They are decathlon owned brand so you wouldnt find them anywhere else!

There are other brands but I dont think they get the same rave reviews these do. I bought one last year and love it 

My own fault really for leaving the decision until 2 days before the festival!

37 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

I'm pretty sure 13 or 15 was nailed down almost a week out. Can't remember which though but the ensembles all agreed out across half the timeframe and it didn't shift

13 was pretty nailed on and dry on the approach.  

25 minutes ago, tumbles said:

13 was pretty nailed on and dry on the approach.  

That'll be it then, thank god someone's memory is working today.

IIRC the other 'certain in advance' year which may have been 15 there was rain predicted at the end of weekend that pushed back and back through the festival so we got out dry.

1 hour ago, frostypaw said:

Fresh'n'black tent, or tonnes of ventilation and airflow - the foil sheets are much less annoying if sandwiched between inner and outer rather than on the outside.

Stupid question....I have two foil blankets ready to go but I've been trying to figure out how I will get inside the tent to attach the foil to the inner and outersheets :wacko: There's such a tiny gap!

I await a really obvious response which reveals me as being the camping novice I am inside

Just now, Sasperella said:

Stupid question....I have two foil blankets ready to go but I've been trying to figure out how I will get inside the tent to attach the foil to the inner and outersheets :wacko: There's such a tiny gap!

I await a really obvious response which reveals me as being the camping novice I am inside

I guess it depends how your tent is put together, but I intend to attach the foil to the outside of the inner tent before attaching the outer tent if that makes sense? Read a top tip on here to use pegs instead of duct tapes so will be trying that this year!

56 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Obviously left this waaay too late, but any ideas where i can buy one of these and get it by tomorrow? nearest Decathlon store is too far away from me, tried to click and collect from Asda but the estimated delivery is the 26th.

Some other brands with the same blackout idea available via Amazon for delivery tomorrow: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=festival+blackout+tent&i=sports&crid=1F6OPMA4BPW8Q&sprefix=festival++blackoou%2Csports%2C122&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_1_17

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I guess it depends how your tent is put together, but I intend to attach the foil to the outside of the inner tent before attaching the outer tent if that makes sense? Read a top tip on here to use pegs instead of duct tapes so will be trying that this year!

Hmmm yeh, I guess I can get someone to hold the inner bit up first and attach it to it then. Should be easy enough! 

Have some clothes pegs and duct tape so fingers crossed it works! Did duct tape damage your tent at all when you used it before? 

Just now, Sasperella said:

Hmmm yeh, I guess I can get someone to hold the inner bit up first and attach it to it then. Should be easy enough! 

Have some clothes pegs and duct tape so fingers crossed it works! Did duct tape damage your tent at all when you used it before? 

No I don't think so, it just didn't stay on very well!

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=51.2;-2.6;5&l=rain-3h&t=20190625/0000  only a couple of mm of rain showing for Pilton on Tuesday then nothing (uses the ICON weather model, if you animate it through it switches to GFS automatically further in the week) they temperatures look perfect, pleasantly warm days, nice warm evenings.

Edited by Bubblecup

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Nice one, just bough the 3 man festival blackout. Probably got ripped off, but those extra few hours sleep could be priceless!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Technology-Essential-waterproof-groundsheet/dp/B078PN55S6/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=blackout%2Bfestival&qid=1561377795&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&th=1