The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Oops. Sorry. I'll stop it then. But walking squelchy toilet stuff into marquees where people might end up sitting just fills me with icky feelings. But I will stop it. Maybe I'll do a quick rinse with my water bottle somewhere a bit out of the way instead.

13 minutes ago, Deneva48 said:

A good enough reason NEVER to drink from any of taps at the festival.

Woah, woah, woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves there, Mr!  What's wrong with drinking out of the taps?  The water is perfectly drinkable and the whole point of the ban on plastic bottles.  

Edited by Fork_UK
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

Two quick questions if I may. 

1. Where did you find mud in 2017?

2. How did you wear wellies in that heat?

There was bit of drizzle on a couple of the mornings.  I wore my wellies on one of the days in case there was a deluge.

51 minutes ago, Wallace said:

This is what the Mirror are still running.  What sort of journalistic integrity do they have to even run this story?

image.png

None whatsoever. Just an insatiable hunger for glorious, delicious clicks.

My pet hate are the teaser headlines like "Scientists say this one type of food may make you THINNER" and then they aren't scientists, they haven't said it makes you thinner and the type of food is irrelevant.

I'm not looking for dieting advice btw, just made up an example that wasn't football related 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sweetpickle said:

Oops. Sorry. I'll stop it then. But walking squelchy toilet stuff into marquees where people might end up sitting just fills me with icky feelings. But I will stop it. Maybe I'll do a quick rinse with my water bottle somewhere a bit out of the way instead.

It's really nice you're even thinking about that tbh but with, I suspect, 100,000 people on site who aren't it's a bit of a lost cause and any real nasty would have come off on the walk there - had to be some advantage to the distances between everything at some point

31 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

None whatsoever. Just an insatiable hunger for glorious, delicious clicks.

My pet hate are the teaser headlines like "Scientists say this one type of food may make you THINNER" and then they aren't scientists, they haven't said it makes you thinner and the type of food is irrelevant.

I'm not looking for dieting advice btw, just made up an example that wasn't football related 

@gherkin8r Has Some Strong Opinions About Journalistic Integrity, And He's NOT Happy (p.2-94)

I'm getting the train. I always wear my wellies to the site and pack my converse rather than the other way around (which would be rather cumbersome!).

Always better to have some possible mud protection than not.

• Upvote 1