The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

7 minutes ago, briddj said:

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. In this run the higher pressure performs much better in staying strong on the Sunday. Good news!

Precipitation: Heaviest overnight rain on Tuesday morning again showing to track to the east of the site. Any rain that there is should disappear by lunch leaving a good day for drying.

Still very pleasant for the gates opening with this rain missing the south west still.

image.thumb.png.d23a690142de3b2decaa44b7707f991f.png

Whole festival is essentially completely dry again. Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon have very light showers possible around the area but you wouldn't even notice it had happened. For instance, this is Saturday AM:

image.thumb.png.4b6abb352c2abb88474f033dc15b4e0f.png

Max Temperature: Monday 21-22, Tuesday 19-20, Wednesday 21, Thursday 23, Friday 25-26, Saturday 21, Sunday 20-21

Summary: Temperatures have tracked up slightly in this run, so we have stopped that trend. But these temps are still 3-4 degrees lower than the BBC is reporting. 

What is noticable is the overnight temps into Friday and Saturday - 18 and 21. Exceptionally warm.

So another amazing run. We can now say we are locked in through to Friday with dry, warm weather but we still need to wait a little longer to be sure for the weekend.

Reports that we didn't get basically any rain overnight last night means that we are nearly home and hosed - just tonight to get through.

I'm confused (no surprise) are we thinking the temps are going to be more like the above, or the higher ones the met office/BBC app are saying? 

Only a few degrees different but would make a huge difference in practice. 

Just now, Laurenkfj said:

I'm confused (no surprise) are we thinking the temps are going to be more like the above, or the higher ones the met office/BBC app are saying? 

Only a few degrees different but would make a huge difference in practice. 

met office/BBC app

35 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

So, can we say no wellies needed. I'm getting the coach, I'd defo take if going by car but if it's this dry surely trainers are fine

I'm actually quite surprised reading on various places at the amount of people insistent on still taking wellies. 

Am I missing something here? I'm borderline about to not even bother bringing my walking boots at this rate

I am actually starting to believe this is happening... I absolutely loved 2010 - although I'm 9 years older now, and have had a child, and I survived on zero sleep for that one which I could never do now. Better dig out hats and factor 50. 2017 I only went for saturday night so missed the really hot weather.

I bloody love a glastonbury sunset from the park hill and looks like we will definitely have a few of those. EXCITED.

25 minutes ago, kalifire said:

As I recall, the runs were all pretty consistent on a deluge of rain tonight into Tuesday, weren’t they? What say they now? 

The Euro4 model suggests it will hit my old stomping ground Hampshire - so its further East therefore the heaviest precip missing the site tonight I posted the Euro4 earier

Edited by Aragorn

1 minute ago, Aragorn said:

The Euro4 model suggests it will hit my old stomping ground Hampshire - so its further East therefore the heaviest precip missing the site tomorrow night

how early and for how long. Basically im leaving south hants to get the train. so am i going to get drenched on route to my train?

21 minutes ago, briddj said:

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. In this run the higher pressure performs much better in staying strong on the Sunday. Good news!

Precipitation: Heaviest overnight rain on Tuesday morning again showing to track to the east of the site. Any rain that there is should disappear by lunch leaving a good day for drying.

Still very pleasant for the gates opening with this rain missing the south west still.

image.thumb.png.d23a690142de3b2decaa44b7707f991f.png

Whole festival is essentially completely dry again. Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon have very light showers possible around the area but you wouldn't even notice it had happened. For instance, this is Saturday AM:

image.thumb.png.4b6abb352c2abb88474f033dc15b4e0f.png

Max Temperature: Monday 21-22, Tuesday 19-20, Wednesday 21, Thursday 23, Friday 25-26, Saturday 21, Sunday 20-21

Summary: Temperatures have tracked up slightly in this run, so we have stopped that trend. But these temps are still 3-4 degrees lower than the BBC is reporting. 

What is noticable is the overnight temps into Friday and Saturday - 18 and 21. Exceptionally warm.

So another amazing run. We can now say we are locked in through to Friday with dry, warm weather but we still need to wait a little longer to be sure for the weekend.

Reports that we didn't get basically any rain overnight last night means that we are nearly home and hosed - just tonight to get through.

THANK YOU for all your efforts. Have a great festival.

6 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

I'm actually quite surprised reading on various places at the amount of people insistent on still taking wellies. 

Am I missing something here? I'm borderline about to not even bother bringing my walking boots at this rate

You've been to glastonbury before right? theres always a chance of rain.

Take. Your. Boots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stocksey said:

how early and for how long. Basically im leaving south hants to get the train. so am i going to get drenched on route to my train?

You're looking at midnight tonight to 6am tomorrow 

Edited by Aragorn

1 minute ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Unfortunately the weather isn't fixed yet.. although there is a high certainty of dry weather and minimal rain, there is still the chance (however slim) that things could still deteriorate by the end of the weekend. 

If only to appease the weather gods and for you own peace of mind, take some sort of welly or boots for muddy conditions.

After all, it's better to have them and not need them, than need them and not have them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Risky strategy IMO, one big downpour and it will be trampled everywhere

7 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

I've packed mine but it's easier to take them as I'm travelling in a caravan so they aren't a burden.

I can see that if having to lug all your stuff on to site they're a bulky addition so i'd say best bet is to leave it to the very last minute then decide.

Always take wellies - else it will rain.

Anyway, all forecasts are looking lush.

It might change, it might well rain at some point.

Whatever happens I think considering what weather this summer has bought so far we are not only lucky (cos we have tickets) but triple double lucky.

Sunnytastic

Drink loads of water, sun cream on and enjoy every second.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

It's the whole walking boots Vs wellies debate again.

I'll be wearing my boots down and I've packed some Vans. Wellies won't be necessary and boots will be fine. Some people just choose wellies over boots anyway to be safe/prefer wearing wellies (lunatics).

12 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Personally, I think it's better to be safe than sorry. if I take wellies and they're not needed, it's been very little additional effort to take them. If it hammers it down unexpectedly and I don't have wellies, I'm screwed.

There's a fuck-tonne of rain on the way into the south of England. However, just fire-up the forcefield for a few hours and it should all be good. It's gonna be fine folks. Wear a hat!

Screenshot (3).png

Edited by Fishman