The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, Homer said:

How hot was 2017 then? Early 20s?

30+ on the Wednesday, which was really bad, and then cooled down to low 20s which was a blessing.

This forecast, if to believed, is a different thing though. Humidity and hot temps Thursday and Friday will be very unforgiving.

Just now, Arcticz Liam said:

30+ on the Wednesday, which was really bad, and then cooled down to low 20s which was a blessing.

This forecast, if to believed, is a different thing though. Humidity and hot temps Thursday and Friday will be very unforgiving.

Yeah, was trying to kind myself that Thurs/Fri are going to be okay. Ah well!

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Yeah, was trying to kind myself that Thurs/Fri are going to be okay. Ah well!

Whilst the Wednesday was bad in 2017, once you'd set your tent up there isn't really much to do until later anyway, so that helped. Things obviously ramp up Thursday and then bands start Friday so that's why I'm thinking this could be particularly unforgiving.

Fuck it though, Glastonbury init 

32 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Where is the news from the 6am run, come on people I can’t be expected to understand this myself so this is the first thing I check every morning when waking up.

on a serious note, that you all for your dedication to my weather obsession this year, looks like we won!

Almost the perfect ensembles for somerset this morning, dry as a......

ensembles.jpg

2 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

So, can we say no wellies needed. I'm getting the coach, I'd defo take if going by car but if it's this dry surely trainers are fine

Always take wellies, just in case, especially considering how unpredictable the forecasting has been the past week

4 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

I would post some rain charts but trying to find any with any significant rain on is impossible

Water and Sun cream an essential for this one folks

A truly exceptional festival awaits us.

Can we all just partake in a massive virtual hug for managing to get through this please?

7 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ha ha.

When someone is having a baby, there is often a 'guess the weight' competition between friends.

Here is the FuzzyDunlop, guess the colour competition. What colour will I end up next monday? I predict - Fireworks

SW_Energetic_Brights_01.gif

I don't know about you but i'm so pale I'm almost transparent, my worst sunburn is Ablaze I reckon ?

Despite factor 50 having little effect on me, I enjoy the heat but 2017 was a bit much. This year I've packed a light linen shirt type thing to cover back and arms, a sunhat and a uv umbrella. We had someone in medical tent last time on the wednesday with real bad shoulder burns so I'm like the mum of the group now making sure everyone has a cover up.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Feverish pink!

Seriously, take great care of yourself, we can’t be having an efest stalwart getting unwell. Bring a large hat and don’t overdo the alcohol

Folks if you find yourself out and about the festival and have forgotten to put on suncream; don’t forget you can apply a dollop from the supplies that the Festival Info stands have. 

On an unrelated note - anyone remember the year of the great flood? We bought a trailer tent that year and me and a few mates spent a couple of hours sweating our cobs off; grappling to put it up in the intense heat with no instructions! (Not that it will be a repeat weather pattern this year).

2 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I don't know about you but i'm so pale I'm almost transparent, my worst sunburn is Ablaze I reckon ?

Despite factor 50 having little effect on me, I enjoy the heat but 2017 was a bit much. This year I've packed a light linen shirt type thing to cover back and arms, a sunhat and a uv umbrella. We had someone in medical tent last time on the wednesday with real bad shoulder burns so I'm like the mum of the group now making sure everyone has a cover up.

That's such a good shout. I'd only thought about layers to stay warm! Definitely adding a shirt to my pile. 

12 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Almost the perfect ensembles for somerset this morning, dry as a......

ensembles.jpg

Thanks, those charts are incredibly useful if I'm reading them right. Aside from rain the first half of tomorrow, which looks like it'll happen just a question of how much, there's a small chance of rain either before midnight or after tomorrow too. Neither looks like too much rain, just one model two models predicting it (disagreeing with before /after midnight) and presumably it may be somewhere else in Somerset :)

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

As I recall, the runs were all pretty consistent on a deluge of rain tonight into Tuesday, weren’t they? What say they now? 

Aragorn's lovely chart above... 

Edited by p.pete

7 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ha ha.

When someone is having a baby, there is often a 'guess the weight' competition between friends.

Here is the FuzzyDunlop, guess the colour competition. What colour will I end up next monday? I predict - Fireworks

SW_Energetic_Brights_01.gif

Ardent coral

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. In this run the higher pressure performs much better in staying strong on the Sunday. Good news!

Precipitation: Heaviest overnight rain on Tuesday morning again showing to track to the east of the site. Any rain that there is should disappear by lunch leaving a good day for drying.

Still very pleasant for the gates opening with this rain missing the south west still.

image.thumb.png.d23a690142de3b2decaa44b7707f991f.png

Whole festival is essentially completely dry again. Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon have very light showers possible around the area but you wouldn't even notice it had happened. For instance, this is Saturday AM:

image.thumb.png.4b6abb352c2abb88474f033dc15b4e0f.png

Max Temperature: Monday 21-22, Tuesday 19-20, Wednesday 21, Thursday 23, Friday 25-26, Saturday 21, Sunday 20-21

Summary: Temperatures have tracked up slightly in this run, so we have stopped that trend. But these temps are still 3-4 degrees lower than the BBC is reporting. 

What is noticable is the overnight temps into Friday and Saturday - 18 and 21. Exceptionally warm.

So another amazing run. We can now say we are locked in through to Friday with dry, warm weather but we still need to wait a little longer to be sure for the weekend.

Reports that we didn't get basically any rain overnight last night means that we are nearly home and hosed - just tonight to get through.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Feverish pink!

Seriously, take great care of yourself, we can’t be having an efest stalwart getting unwell. Bring a large hat and don’t overdo the alcohol

Folks if you find yourself out and about the festival and have forgotten to put on suncream; don’t forget you can apply a dollop from the supplies that the Festival Info stands have. 

On an unrelated note - anyone remember the year of the great flood? We bought a trailer tent that year and me and a few mates spent a couple of hours sweating our cobs off; grappling to put it up in the intense heat with no instructions! (Not that it will be a repeat weather pattern this year).

1 minute ago, briddj said:

Here's the 00Z run through!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. In this run the higher pressure performs much better in staying strong on the Sunday. Good news!

Precipitation: Heaviest overnight rain on Tuesday morning again showing to track to the east of the site. Any rain that there is should disappear by lunch leaving a good day for drying.

Still very pleasant for the gates opening with this rain missing the south west still.

image.thumb.png.d23a690142de3b2decaa44b7707f991f.png

Whole festival is essentially completely dry again. Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon have very light showers possible around the area but you wouldn't even notice it had happened. For instance, this is Saturday AM:

image.thumb.png.4b6abb352c2abb88474f033dc15b4e0f.png

Max Temperature: Monday 21-22, Tuesday 19-20, Wednesday 21, Thursday 23, Friday 25-26, Saturday 21, Sunday 20-21

Summary: Temperatures have tracked up slightly in this run, so we have stopped that trend. But these temps are still 3-4 degrees lower than the BBC is reporting. 

What is noticable is the overnight temps into Friday and Saturday - 18 and 21. Exceptionally warm.

So another amazing run. We can now say we are locked in through to Friday with dry, warm weather but we still need to wait a little longer to be sure for the weekend.

Reports that we didn't get basically any rain overnight last night means that we are nearly home and hosed - just tonight to get through.

Thanks for your updates on here, those netweather people seem to be mad bastards who want flaming temps and storms so need someone to break it down for the rest of us ?