The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

So here we are with the 18Z!

Pressure: As before, rising to a high Wednesday/Thursday. Pressure very similar if slightly lower on the Sunday.

Precipitation: Patchy rain through the night tonight, not much at all and clear by daybreak. Still the threat of heavy rain overnight into Tuesday but, as seen on Countryfile, the worst of it appears to now track east. But we cannot rest on our laurels there.

Clears around lunch on Tuesday then completely dry for the gates opening. This is how it looks like then:

image.thumb.png.83be72caf81526180443f23da30ab270.png

No rain whatsover in the festival until a few light showers now showing on the Sunday.

Max Temperature: Monday 21-22, Tuesday 19, Wednesday 20, Thursday 22, Friday 24-25, Saturday 22, Sunday 19-20

Summary: Countryfile / the BBC are totally not going with these temperatures - with Wednesday falling another degree to below the seasonal average on the GFS. The Netweather geeks are throwing the GFS results in the bin and saying we're going to melt. Guess we will find out in the next two days.... The BBC app is tracking 4-5 degrees higher, and the TV forecast a couple more than that.

Still up in the air a little for Saturday into Sunday. Monday-Friday looking increasingly locked in. Would really like to see high pressure lock in higher over the weekend for certainty.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

I finally treated myself to a down filled sleeping bag a few months ago.

They are expensive but really compact AND... Really warm.

No warmer than their rating though - I think I will ditch my 1° bag which was ready to go when the weather looked dreadful, that's gonna be overkill but the cheapo 10° one i got that opens right up is going to be spot on.

25 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You'll have a base tan by Friday!

Ha ha.

When someone is having a baby, there is often a 'guess the weight' competition between friends.

Here is the FuzzyDunlop, guess the colour competition. What colour will I end up next monday? I predict - Fireworks

SW_Energetic_Brights_01.gif

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Hopefully the temps do drop, but they  do seem to be going up.

Problems

I feel for you Dunlop, I know it sucks but do you try and avoid being out and about from noon - 15.00 when the sun is strongest? Unless there is some one you really want to see that must be a good idea, I know from the electronic thread that you will be our late so maybe a lunchtime chill out in the wood or in a car in Cineramageddon at the peak of the day would help plus recharge the batteries for the rave? 

Good luck!

5 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

I feel for you Dunlop, I know it sucks but do you try and avoid being out and about from noon - 15.00 when the sun is strongest? Unless there is some one you really want to see that must be a good idea, I know from the electronic thread that you will be our late so maybe a lunchtime chill out in the wood or in a car in Cineramageddon at the peak of the day would help plus recharge the batteries for the rave? 

Good luck!

Cheers. I will deal with it. I just dont think it will be a good thing to see many outdoor daytime acts. Which is a massive shame.

I wont lie, my enjoyment of this week will be restricted, but it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I wont lie, my enjoyment of this week will be restricted, but it is what it is.

Restricted with sitting down everywhere is a good thing compared to restricted by mud and ick and unable to get around or sit down anywhere - it has it's upsides too.  Fingers crossed these temps stay sensible or at least we get a decent breeze so that sun brolly's shade can be fully effective

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magma said:

Muggy in London too. 

Looking forward to the hour or so of cool darkness in the tent before the sun comes up and the lobster game begins... how long can I stay in the tent before I start cooking?

2010 i remember every morning having to get out the tent early, especially considering we were getting back 6-7am. Once it got to about 10/11, the tent was essentially an oven, just going in it for 20 seconds to get something was an experience. Could do with a bit of morning haze/cloud. (Not rain clouds tho!).

1 hour ago, bigfurbdogg said:

2010 i remember every morning having to get out the tent early, especially considering we were getting back 6-7am. Once it got to about 10/11, the tent was essentially an oven, just going in it for 20 seconds to get something was an experience. Could do with a bit of morning haze/cloud. (Not rain clouds tho!).

This is why you at some point, have to transition to a well insulated camper or caravan.

So, is it close enough to now say that we may be in for a beautiful festival? (It was going to be beautiful either way but ya know) 

Any tips for making the next 48 hours fly past? I’m starting to get that anxious excited feeling in my tummy. 

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ha ha.

When someone is having a baby, there is often a 'guess the weight' competition between friends.

Here is the FuzzyDunlop, guess the colour competition. What colour will I end up next monday? I predict - Fireworks

SW_Energetic_Brights_01.gif

Feverish pink!

Seriously, take great care of yourself, we can’t be having an efest stalwart getting unwell. Bring a large hat and don’t overdo the alcohol

Where is the news from the 6am run, come on people I can’t be expected to understand this myself so this is the first thing I check every morning when waking up.

on a serious note, that you all for your dedication to my weather obsession this year, looks like we won!