The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

6 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I only wear jeans in the normal world if they're crazy flares and these are not suitable for even the tiniest amount of mud (I learnt this at Reading 2004). 

But this also goes for normal trousers so I'm probably a bit of an outlier

The only jeans I have ever regretted wearing to Glastonbury were flares. I love them but when going to the urinals or in mud, flares are a bit of a hazard!

Just now, briddj said:

I don't like that temps are dropping in every run. They are only at the average for this time of year now. Don't what that to continue....

Important to remember that other models are still sticking with higher temps in their output...

I’m working onsite now and there has been persistent light rain this afternoon but it’s warm and the ground is fine at the moment. Still really firm just about everywhere.

I am in shorts!

Just now, briddj said:

I don't like that temps are dropping in every run. They are only at the average for this time of year now. Don't want that to continue....

I suspect it will still feel very warm, even hot in the sun. We certainly don’t want them to drop too much more though.

It's funny because here's the actual latest (from last night, way behind this thread):

Slightly more of a consensus today, the threat of heavy rain during the festival has reduced on recent runs, and some warm to hot conditions expected Next Week, perhaps into Saturday.

Some rain is expected tomorrow and also a thunderstorm warning remains in place for Tuesday. If we are unlucky with these then underfoot conditions could be ruined before the festival starts. However if this misses Glastonbury then conditions probably not too bad Wednesday into Friday.

The biggest risk of rain IMO is Friday evening into Saturday, as the High Pressure edges away.  

So the festival is looking a very warm to hot one, and possibly with decent weather generally. Hopefully the ground conditions remains just as good.

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/9656-after-the-risk-of-thunderstorms-tuesday-looking-hot-to-open-the-gates-next-week-perhaps-with-the-weather-holding-to-the-weekend

44 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I'm onsite and rain is moderate to heavy and has been for about an hour or so. 

Sorry Cooter but on what planet was that moderate to heavy? Heavy rain at Glastonbury is like having a bucket of water poured over your head! I am in T shirt shorts & hi viz  & haven’t even put an extra layer on!