The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Countryfile used to be the only way of getting Met office info (best for short range) beyond a couple of days. So it was always the first week long Met forecast. 

Good example was 2005, when it was Countryfile that first warned of possible heavy rain on Friday. No other models had it at that point. And we know what came to pass. 

But yeah, less relevant these days. Will still watch it though. For old times’ sake. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, tumbles said:

That lovely smell of hot drying rain 

It's a bit difficult being this close to the site and not actually going in until Tuesday.

I feel like a kid at Christmas who wants to open his presents on Christmas eve...

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's a bit difficult being this close to the site and not actually going in until Tuesday.

I feel like a kid at Christmas who wants to open his presents on Christmas eve...

I’m thankful I’m on client site next two days. Will at least make it go quicker than being sat in the office watching GFS runs and chatting shit on here 

6 minutes ago, beege89 said:

OK have just bought my camping gear,  except wellies.  Do you reckon I should bother about buying wellies?

We should be good through to Friday now. Saturday and Sunday are not yet locked in at all and probably won't be when the gates open unless there's a firm pro-plume switch.

23 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Two clickbait articles have appeared on my phone's newsfeed about storms hitting the site. Presumably they are not as up to date as we are?

These all seem to be based on the same Met Office statement. Appears we're not out of the woods yet. @briddj what say you and how come this isn't apparent on the info we've all been looking at?

5 minutes ago, mark_ovens said:

These all seem to be based on the same Met Office statement. Appears we're not out of the woods yet. @briddj what say you and how come this isn't apparent on the info we've all been looking at?

It all depends what wins vis a vis low pressure vs. high pressure at the weekend. High pressure currently still just in front - but as you can see from the temperature drop on the Sunday we are not out of the woods. If that low takes control then we could yet be in the shit. Ideally over the next few runs we will see high pressure be a bit more dominant to give us some cause for additional confidence. 

• Upvote 1