The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

9 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

plenty of water and salty things too to handle the sweating and you'll still see it all - will just be a bit cheaper with less booze

5 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

So many people just suffer in the heat because they don't look after themselves.  As long as you protect your skin and your guts, you'll be just fine!  You got this!

Cheers both. I feel like it’s more an anxiety thing in my head. I’ve survived primavera last year in the sun. I just panic with the heat. Picked up some electrolytes. Got my hat and factor 50. Fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Berocca doesn't contain electrolytes, it won't help with that at all - but they are nice and do seem to brighten me up a bit.

1 minute ago, Fork_UK said:

Ok, whatever the appropriate soluble tablet is then!  

You want this stuff posted in the Glasto Hacks thread. I've just ordered some. You can add drops in your water throughout the day and keep hydrated. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003VJTMI8/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Berocca doesn't contain electrolytes, it won't help with that at all - but they are nice and do seem to brighten me up a bit.

I'm bringing a tube of Zeros along, they are tablets which you add to your water, they add electrolytes.  I normally use them for long runs or bike rides.

https://highfive.co.uk/product/hydration/zero/

10 minutes ago, doogie said:

Here's the BBC's weather for the week ahead (as featured on Countryfile etc.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00069j1/weather-for-the-week-ahead-23062019

There's still potentially a lot of rain around for tonight and Tuesday, but it's looking good from Wednesday onwards.

There's been two runs since that was recorded. It seems to have changed.

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

You want this stuff posted in the Glasto Hacks thread. I've just ordered some. You can add drops in your water throughout the day and keep hydrated. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003VJTMI8/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've got some of that. Not tried it yet but it's meant to be the right stuff for such occasions. Nice and small too.

55 minutes ago, sime said:

Will still be wearing my wellies (hidden under my jeans I might add!) to the site via train as it's always best to bring whatever dry footwear you choose to wear. 'Just in-case'

But have to say, that after rather enjoying reading this thread over the past few weeks, I doubt I will really need to wear them. Which is quite a surprise considering the way things were going.

So thank you weather experts on here. You have all been, as always every year, excellent (que Bill and Ted guitar riff) ?

JEANS?? Wellies are one thing, but jeans are just about the worst festival clothes going IMHO. They take forever to dry if it is wet and they have tiny pockets without zips.

49 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

How was Download, weather-wise in the end?  I saw lots of terrible build up for the weather, but didn't see anything about it afterwards.  Was it a washout?

It was fine. Never had a day that was completely dry, but the run up made conditions in the campsites and village ridiculously muddy.  Luckily for me I was in staff camping at the otherside of the fest. I even walked to the showers in flip flops. I didn't bother visiting the village though. Was an absolute mudbath.  Walking boots didn't cut it. Had to have wellies.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

JEANS?? Wellies are one thing, but jeans are just about the worst festival clothes going IMHO. They take forever to dry if it is wet and they have tiny pockets without zips.

Agree jeans are a big no no if you ask me, shorts are the only thing to wear and if you need long trousers take waterproof trousers carry them in your bag just in case ??

The 00z ensembles for somerset are good. Firm agreement pressure will rise over the festival period. The op is at the top end of the runs though for saturday with the mean indicating low pressure will be closer to the south west. However this does not indicate more rain will be around looking at the ensemble precip charts. The mean shows a small amount saturday but not enough to cause issues

prmslSomerset.png

Just now, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

I know stuff always happens at the last minute but these forecasts are absolutely fucking fantastic considering what the last week has looked like at times. 

Look who's come around!