The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

Right, time for the 00Z!

Pressure: Builds through Wednesday but now probably reaches its height late on Thursday, so later than before. As with the 18Z, pressure only really starts to drop on Saturday afternoon and is lowest on Sunday - almost identical to the last run.

Precipitation: Rain from 3pm today for a few hours, but shouldn't be very much. Possibility of light lunchtime showers on Monday and a little rain overnight into Tuesday.

Still dry and pleasant when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.32713cb0ee87f6da763bb34951ecf1fa.png

There is still ZERO rain for the entire festival.

Max Temperature: Monday 19-20, Tuesday 22-23, Wednesday 23, Thursday 22-23,  Friday 24-25, Saturday 22-23, Sunday 19

Summary: Almost perfect festival weather with an exceptionally similar forecast to the 00Z. If anything now, we need Sunday to go up a couple of degrees. That is below the average temperature for the end of June.

All of this, including Sunday, is still being governing by the behaviour of that low. We still need that high to stay strong and next weeekend is NOT in the bag.

Thanks again for this!! 

YOU ARE AN ANGEL!!!!!!!!!! 

5 minutes ago, tumbles said:

The rain has gone from Tuesday. Gone. 

That is amazing if the case. That was my remaining worry, if the heavy rain came on Tuesday night with no time to dry as everyone arrived Wednesday that would lead to some serious mud bath conditions

5 minutes ago, briddj said:

Right, time for the 00Z!

Pressure: Builds through Wednesday but now probably reaches its height late on Thursday, so later than before. As with the 18Z, pressure only really starts to drop on Saturday afternoon and is lowest on Sunday - almost identical to the last run.

Precipitation: Rain from 3pm today for a few hours, but shouldn't be very much. Possibility of light lunchtime showers on Monday and a little rain overnight into Tuesday.

Max Temperature: Monday 19-20, Tuesday 22-23, Wednesday 23, Thursday 22-23,  Friday 24-25, Saturday 22-23, Sunday 19

Summary: Almost perfect festival weather with an exceptionally similar forecast to the 00Z. If anything now, we need Sunday to go up a couple of degrees. That is below the average temperature for the end of June.

All of this, including Sunday, is still being governing by the behaviour of that low. We still need that high to stay strong and next weeekend is NOT in the bag.

Thanks for all of your amazing updates! I have been glued to this thread and it’s been a lot of fun...can’t quite believe it’s all starting to come together now and after all the ups and downs it’s actually looking pretty good! Very good in fact. 

6 minutes ago, briddj said:

Right, time for the 00Z!

Thing of beauty ? Factor 15 added to festival pile!

12 minutes ago, briddj said:

Right, time for the 00Z!

That's perfect... almost too perfect! is this some sort of trick by the weather gods?!

giphy.gif

Edited by Mr.Tease

Just now, Neville Street said:

I thought that!!

Love that Lynyrd Skynyrd track, probably a decade since I heard it :)

As I copied it I thought 'I really need to get this on my mental playlist of slightly melancholy (for some reason) songs I like to listen to when I get home and I'm still pissed'. That chart is absolutely dominated by the Top of the Pops version of Wave Hello, Say Goodbye by Soft Cell (for some reason).

16 minutes ago, briddj said:

Right, time for the 00Z!

SeAp9wz.gif

BBC Breakfast just did a pretty positive forecast.  They didn't go into detail about Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, but after they'd covered up to 5pm on Tuesday, they showed that high pressure bringing in the warm air from the continent and didn't mention any threatening rain or thunderstorms after Tuesday.

1323455742_Screenshot2019-06-23at08_24_24.thumb.png.12ce76cb9d10ba40306b4ee8933bf58b.png

33 minutes ago, karaseen said:

For my own sanity I stopped myself checking this thready Friday evening. I have a job interview tomorrow that needed my attention.  But I need to pack TODAY. It is my only chance.  I am bringing walking boots and walking sandals. I am NOT bringing wellies. Is this reasonable?? 

Yes.

5 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

BBC Breakfast just did a pretty positive forecast.  They didn't go into detail about Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, but after they'd covered up to 5pm on Tuesday, they showed that high pressure bringing in the warm air from the continent and didn't mention any threatening rain or thunderstorms after Tuesday.

1323455742_Screenshot2019-06-23at08_24_24.thumb.png.12ce76cb9d10ba40306b4ee8933bf58b.png

The Pilton Forcefield was also very much in play during that forecast. 

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

The Pilton Forcefield was also very much in play during that forecast. 

It was.  After all that heavy rain we've seen on the GFS, the BBC animated it going up through central England and missing the South West Peninsula altogether.

Edited by Fork_UK

4 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

It was.  After all that heavy rain we've seen on the GFS, the BBC animated it going up through central England and missing the South West Peninsula altogether.

I’m at the deranged stage whereby I’m now cheering at the weather forecast like I’m watching football. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, karaseen said:

For my own sanity I stopped myself checking this thready Friday evening. I have a job interview tomorrow that needed my attention.  But I need to pack TODAY. It is my only chance.  I am bringing walking boots and walking sandals. I am NOT bringing wellies. Is this reasonable?? 

A well water-proofed pair of good boots is just as good as wellies. I wore boots all weekend at download last week which had ample rain and mud. Feet stayed dry but needed to reproof my boots on coming home.