The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

3 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I dunno if it's because I'm up at 02:08AM and have broken into my festival... ahem... supplies... but this thread has been simultaneously a terrifying rollercoaster and a colossal, hilarious bonding experience/rollercoaster over this last week.

Hats off to you all, especially @The Nal

Has to go down as a top ten greatest efestivals threads of all time. Has it all: Joy and despair, humour and depression, knowledge and fake news, etc etc

• Upvote 1

I haven’t been out the house for fear of not getting WiFi to get the most up to date weather info from here.....Sun, Storms, Biblical Rain, mud, dust, wind....... I can’t take anymore..... my bag has been packed, unpacked, repacked...... footwear has gone from flippers to flip flops via snow boots and climbing boots..... 

And I am working tomorrow as well..... I won’t cope... I am coming to Glasto just so I stop obsessing over this thread.....

3 minutes ago, Jamie 2194 said:

I haven’t been out the house for fear of not getting WiFi to get the most up to date weather info from here.....Sun, Storms, Biblical Rain, mud, dust, wind....... I can’t take anymore..... my bag has been packed, unpacked, repacked...... footwear has gone from flippers to flip flops via snow boots and climbing boots..... 

And I am working tomorrow as well..... I won’t cope... I am coming to Glasto just so I stop obsessing over this thread.....

i wore flip flops 2010 never again got the biggest blisters you can imagine .....just saying

8 hours ago, briddj said:

From Netweather: "For people wondering about the the Surface temperatures being suppressed its quite a plausible outcome. Soundings show there is a strong EML in place and given the cold SST's there will probably a lot of convective debris and strata-clu riding atop the θ-E advection from France. "

What the fuck does that mean? ?

Does that mean we're close to the knife edge still? 

For my own sanity I stopped myself checking this thready Friday evening. I have a job interview tomorrow that needed my attention.  But I need to pack TODAY. It is my only chance.  I am bringing walking boots and walking sandals. I am NOT bringing wellies. Is this reasonable?? 

Right, time for the 00Z!

Pressure: Builds through Wednesday but now probably reaches its height late on Thursday, so later than before. As with the 18Z, pressure only really starts to drop on Saturday afternoon and is lowest on Sunday - almost identical to the last run.

Precipitation: Rain from 3pm today for a few hours, but shouldn't be very much. Possibility of light lunchtime showers on Monday and a little rain overnight into Tuesday.

Still dry and pleasant when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.32713cb0ee87f6da763bb34951ecf1fa.png

There is still ZERO rain for the entire festival.

Max Temperature: Monday 19-20, Tuesday 22-23, Wednesday 23, Thursday 22-23,  Friday 24-25, Saturday 22-23, Sunday 19

Summary: Almost perfect festival weather with an exceptionally similar forecast to the 00Z. If anything now, we need Sunday to go up a couple of degrees. That is below the average temperature for the end of June.

All of this, including Sunday, is still being governing by the behaviour of that low. We still need that high to stay strong and next weeekend is NOT in the bag.

• Upvote 10