The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, briddj said:

From Netweather: "For people wondering about the the Surface temperatures being suppressed its quite a plausible outcome. Soundings show there is a strong EML in place and given the cold SST's there will probably a lot of convective debris and strata-clu riding atop the θ-E advection from France. "

What the fuck does that mean? ?

surely they are making it up ;)

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

From Netweather: "For people wondering about the the Surface temperatures being suppressed its quite a plausible outcome. Soundings show there is a strong EML in place and given the cold SST's there will probably a lot of convective debris and strata-clu riding atop the θ-E advection from France. "

‘strata-clu’

’riding atop’

’the θ-E advection’

Ohhhh, for fucks sake! Well that’s that then. 

Gutted

15 minutes ago, briddj said:

low sea temps cooling air causing turbulence and messing up the 'jet' of it and bringing more cloud into play

17 minutes ago, briddj said:

Of course the strata-clu it was there for us all to see. How the hell did I miss this?

36 minutes ago, briddj said:

You're just too good to be true, can't my strata-clu

16 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

Meanwhile over a Netweather - are we about to get fingered?

Indeed ECM & UKMO both allowing the main ridge to topple slightly SE at which point the plume can fully engage the UK

ECM ~23c this morning

CA3FF931-0A3B-462B-ABEB-2BC9655ED7CB.thumb.png.03fe4e6c7b163a762d6cc3c818546f9f.png

Incredible stuff from EC !!

And even better the Azores high has taken his weetabix  this morning   bye bye Atlantic .. ?

Would love to be fingered

1 hour ago, briddj said:

So, here's the 18Z run through....

Pressure: As before, builds to a high through to Wednesday before dropping on Friday. Higher pressure stays in control until dropping a little on Sunday.

Precipitation: Rain on Sunday 3pm to 9pm, and a little bit more overnight to lunch but it's not very much at all.

There is then NO RAIN AT ALL worth mentioning throughout the whole festival. Not even the overnight rain into Wednesday. This is how it looks when the gates open, cooler than previous runs at 16-17 but dry.

image.thumb.png.3442df917e655cfc353d416f1be07cf0.png

Max temperature: Sunday 20-21, Monday 20, Tuesday 21, Wednesday 19-20, Thursday 21-22, Friday 25, Saturday 22-23, Sunday 19-20

Summary: This run a bit of an odd run because it has downgraded temperatures MASSIVELY with only Friday having above average temperates for the time of year. Will be interesting to see in the next few days what agreement there is elsewhere on this.

That said, the actual run itself here is almost perfect festival weather. Completely dry, not too hot.

4QHnNb3.gif

6 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I think there’s a couple of meteorologists sat in a room somewhere laughing at us. 

“Oh go on.... make it show them it’s pissing down again on the next run”

and bumping fists whilst reading this thread.

Evidence for this... if you search for Pilton forecast on Netweather it shows temperatures in the low teens and thunderstorms during the festival. What it doesn't tell you is that this is Pilton in Edinburgh!

43 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Trying to remember if I've ever met The Nal, I went to the efests meet up once in 2015 and met a few people, but if I remember rightly @Wooderson bought me a pint and told me that The Nal was (and I quote) 'around here somewhere, walking about like sex on legs' but unsure if we actually crossed paths.

True story.

Jagger dance?