The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, briddj said:

Just that temperatures through to Thursday are comparatively hugely lower. Barely believable based on every other recent run. No rain though! 

Not bad temps I must add. 

Lower (than what they were earlier) is definitely better. I'd rather be in a position of having to put a jumper on than trying desperately to find shade 

• Upvote 1

Just that temperatures through to Thursday are comparatively hugely lower. Barely believable based on every other recent run. No rain though! 

Not bad temps I must add. 

its just that the warm air at 850hpa takes a little longer to advect west over the UK from the continent

4 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

So once again. WE HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA

I'm trying to work out when best to go in the next 2 days to get my tent up in the dry and that keeps changing all over the place, let alone a week away

What are you on about? Calm down dear

So, here's the 18Z run through....

Pressure: As before, builds to a high through to Wednesday before dropping on Friday. Higher pressure stays in control until dropping a little on Sunday.

Precipitation: Rain on Sunday 3pm to 9pm, and a little bit more overnight to lunch but it's not very much at all.

There is then NO RAIN AT ALL worth mentioning throughout the whole festival. Not even the overnight rain into Wednesday. This is how it looks when the gates open, cooler than previous runs at 16-17 but dry.

image.thumb.png.3442df917e655cfc353d416f1be07cf0.png

Max temperature: Sunday 20-21, Monday 20, Tuesday 21, Wednesday 19-20, Thursday 21-22, Friday 25, Saturday 22-23, Sunday 19-20

Summary: This run a bit of an odd run because it has downgraded temperatures MASSIVELY with only Friday having above average temperates for the time of year. Will be interesting to see in the next few days what agreement there is elsewhere on this.

That said, the actual run itself here is almost perfect festival weather. Completely dry, not too hot.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Pressure: As before, builds to a high through to Wednesday before dropping on Friday. Higher pressure stays in control until dropping a little on Sunday.

Precipitation: Rain on Sunday 3pm to 9pm, and a little bit more overnight to lunch but it's not very much at all.

There is then NO RAIN AT ALL worth mentioning throughout the whole festival. Not even the overnight rain into Wednesday. This is how it looks when the gates open, cooler than previous runs at 16-17 but dry.

Max temperature: Sunday 20-21, Monday 20, Tuesday 21, Wednesday 19-20, Thursday 21-22, Friday 25, Saturday 22-23, Sunday 19-20

Summary: This run a bit of an odd run because it has downgraded temperatures MASSIVELY with only Friday having above average temperates for the time of year. Will be interesting to see in the next few days what agreement there is elsewhere on this.

That said, the actual run itself here is almost perfect festival weather. Completely dry, not too hot.

Err, STICK!

I know it won't be quite like that, but that's about as perfect as is imaginable for me. One scorcher on Friday, the first proper day, a hot but more manageable day on Saturday. Much better than 2010 or 2017 for me.

From Netweather: "For people wondering about the the Surface temperatures being suppressed its quite a plausible outcome. Soundings show there is a strong EML in place and given the cold SST's there will probably a lot of convective debris and strata-clu riding atop the θ-E advection from France. "

What the fuck does that mean? ?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, briddj said:

I'm going to sleep now with the thought of this absolutely perfect run in my head. 

I get super excited for Glasto every year. It's my main holiday and my favourite place but this is the first time I've been involved with this forum and it's been... something. I've been hooked. 

You're all good and fun people x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1