The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, T-Mouse said:

Thunderstorms has always been on the cards. That won't change. But after a couple of rough days, we are back on track. Come at me glastonbury!

Actually if the plume hits us smack on and stays over us I believe there will be no threat of thunderstorms. The threat comes when the high comes in (Tuesday) and slides away again (Saturday).

So is there still a threat of heavy rain Tuesday night? AccuWeather is still showing 22mm Tuesday night!  I'm already on site by then as stewarding so will be sleeping in it and could make conditions nasty for overnight queues and Wednesday arrivals

1 minute ago, Wurzelcat said:

So is there still a threat of heavy rain Tuesday night? AccuWeather is still showing 22mm Tuesday night!  I'm already on site by then as stewarding so will be sleeping in it and could make conditions nasty for overnight queues and Wednesday arrivals

There will always be that threat as the high comes in, but it might not be hitting the south west.

Those who were on site in 2010 - how cold did it get at night? I wasn't there that year but I've always found it pretty cold at night even when daytime temperatures were high, but the nighttime temperatures predicted this time are still pretty warm - I'm a bit suspicious?

Just now, briddj said:

There will always be that threat as the high comes in, but it might not be hitting the south west.

Cheers, let's hope it skims past.  

I thought Mon-wed weather was pretty much nailed on a couple of days ago when it was going to be dry?

2 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Those who were on site in 2010 - how cold did it get at night? I wasn't there that year but I've always found it pretty cold at night even when daytime temperatures were high, but the nighttime temperatures predicted this time are still pretty warm - I'm a bit suspicious?

Not very

While 2010 was roasting, there were times at night I was absolutely shivering. The transition from very hot days didn’t help but it did feel very cold some nights and just my hoody didn’t cut it

4 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

4 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Not too bad. Remember going back to the tent for my hoodie about midnight one night. There was absolutely zero cloud cover so was pretty fresh when the sun dropped.  Blast furnace in the day though.