The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

how dare they cancel it without telling me .... and they didn't post it on here did they ?!

Oh yes....just caught up in the mayhem of everything else this morning. Blink and you miss it. Most like Glastonbury itself :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

They picked the wrong year to bring in the plastic bottle ban- don't think that 500ml of water in steel bottle is going to last long in 30c heat!

Yep, I sense a quiet crawl down on plastic bottles. At the front of stages and in tents it’s going to be ridiculous - water and a fuck tonne of it will need handing out.

Edited by stopwn1981

So what's the deal with this heavy rain Tuesday? That's showing on the BBC forecast but are we now thinking we may be saved from that? That seemed the major potential cause of muddy conditions, at least for the start. 

23 minutes ago, briddj said:

Summary: This is a massively improved run, and at last the GFS is getting back in line with the ECM. It's not quite aligning, as the low pressure does still fight back over the weekend. But now it does not bring the weather fronts in, though it is much cooler (will be a relief!) on the Sunday.

So bar perhaps some Wednesday morning showers, we are currently BACK ON TRACK. Let's hope the pockets of rain that are around, and currently not showing to hit the south west, stay the hell away.

See you back here at 11.20.....

STICK!

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

So what's the deal with this heavy rain Tuesday? That's showing on the BBC forecast but are we now thinking we may be saved from that? That seemed the major potential cause of muddy conditions, at least for the start. 

Still some but not heavy, nor thunderous, perhaps nothing at all.  All gone by 6pm 

Just now, tumbles said:

Still some but not heavy, nor thunderous, perhaps nothing at all.  All gone by 6pm 

That's some good shit.

Christ, if we stumble through to Tuesday night dodging the worst of the rain, we really could be in for perfect conditions!

I have been lurking on this thread for last few weeks, couldn’t remember my username until I logged onto an old phone I use for festivals which had username stored. 

My last post on efestivals was 19 June 2017 in the Weather Thread 2017, it read,

Part of my Glastonbury build up is watching this thread and enjoying the rollercoaster. Ultimately it doesn't matter as come rain or sun we are all to have a wonderful time. Thanks guys, see you at the front for Radiohead.

Still rings true today, apart from the Radiohead part... 
  • Upvote 1