The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

My logical brain is telling me it’s pointless looking every 6 hrs at forecasts for a week in advance. But I can’t stop.

My name is 4AM and I’m a forecast addict...

" Historically these plumes are difficult to model because we often see them get to northern France and edge ne a bit too far east often clipping the far south and se. However barring the GFS the trends so far today are for a more direct hit . "

ECM is definitely going for a very warm, dry festival.

image.png.bba7db91b1b1f06c1e6d0d03c5a7a103.png

COME ON, GFS. GET ON BOARD.

Edited by briddj
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

That's an average of 0.36 mm per hour which is classed as slight rain so wouldn't expect mud bath unless it all comes in one downpour.

It would likely be coming down as heavy downpours / storms, rather than drizzle, but I think a mudbath would be the result from ~40mm of rain over the weekend whatever form it takes. 

However it's definitely not set in stone, GFS seems to be on it's own in predicting such a wet festival... more model runs needed!

It only 17c here but humid - 25c and humid is going to hellish for walking through the fields with all our stuff, at those temps my boxer shorts end up curling up my legs and turning into a pair of very uncomfortable y-fronts

59 minutes ago, briddj said:

" Historically these plumes are difficult to model because we often see them get to northern France and edge ne a bit too far east often clipping the far south and se. However barring the GFS the trends so far today are for a more direct hit . "

ECM is definitely going for a very warm, dry festival.

image.png.bba7db91b1b1f06c1e6d0d03c5a7a103.png

COME ON, GFS. GET ON BOARD.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!!

sorry, been spending too much time on netweather.

7 minutes ago, GregsyA said:

I am finding the highs and lows of this strangely exhilarating. I am considering bailing out of Glastonbury and sticking to the Weather Thread next week. 

All of us, trying to get a signal so we can check on The Weather Thread. Gimps.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, justperfect said:

@briddj......when you setting off? I'm not there until Thursday......what am I going to do whilst not doing much work all day Wednesday on here ?

Setting off on Wednesday before lunch. So I might just do the 06Z before I leave (let's be honest, it's probably going to happen).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Lekkido Lord of the Lobsters?"

• Upvote 2