The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

8 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Meanwhile over a Netweather - are we about to get fingered?

Indeed ECM & UKMO both allowing the main ridge to topple slightly SE at which point the plume can fully engage the UK

ECM ~23c this morning

CA3FF931-0A3B-462B-ABEB-2BC9655ED7CB.thumb.png.03fe4e6c7b163a762d6cc3c818546f9f.png

Incredible stuff from EC !!

And even better the Azores high has taken his weetabix  this morning   bye bye Atlantic .. ?

Ahhhh ya feckin beat me to it!

The A word gives me fanny flutters.

J10 now forecasting lows of 290c degrees on Saturday!!!!!

Sunday Synoptic Charts

ECM Weekend - 29/30 June With low pressure developing over Southern parts of the UK over the weekend, looking wet with some long periods of rain, temperatures low 290c Saturday, and mid teens Sunday. The good news is this is very uncertain, as an example the 06Hz run only showed patchy rain and mostly dry.

GFS Weekend - 29/30 June Turning less hot over the weekend, but still with High Pressure trying to ridge in.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/91776-glastonbury-festival-26–30-june-2019/page/3/

26 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

It is. And the met office are sticking to their guns that things will be ok. Right now it's a case of fuck everything to do with the GFS. Always knew that it was a waste of time. Bloody Americans. Up the ECM. VIVA LA EUROPA!

Wait the rain is coming from the Americans weather model?!?

In true Glastonbury spirit can I say, fuck Trump and up the Europeans ?

This is a clear example this morning of no one having a clue as to how much rain there’s gonna be as these things are so unpredictable. I think we’re gonna get some rain but not loads and the ground will be so dry from the fingering we’d have got in the week that it will be fine. As you were 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PollyPeach said:

I am SO confused... Ive been an avid lurker of the weather thread for at least 10 years and I don't remember ever being so confused.

It's been a proper old ride this year hasn't it? I've come to appreciate the real fragility and unpredictability of our weather the past week or two.

I've loved this journey. The ups and the downs. Almost apathetic to the actual weather now. What will be, will be. Let's just enjoy the ride, prepare for everything and make the best of it.

Edited by T-Mouse

Just now, T-Mouse said:

It's been a proper old ride this year hasn't it! I've come to appreciate the real fragility and unpredictability of our weather the past week or two.

I've loved this journey. The ups and the downs. Almost apathetic to the actual weather now. What will be, will be. Let's just enjoy the ride, prepare for everything and make the best of it.

I totally agree with this. I love the twists and turns and how every year, even though I know it's a pointless exercise, I'm on here 5 times a day looking at the new updates. 

8 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Wait the rain is coming from the Americans weather model?!?

In true Glastonbury spirit can I say, fuck Trump and up the Europeans ?

J10 actually mentions that the GFS model overplays low pressure quite frequently. That might explain the difference between that and the other models. I’m certainly holding onto that theory anyway ?

43 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Did you just choose to support Oldham because Boundary Park is the coldest ground in the Football League?

Remember driving there on a Tuesday night to watch Luton and finding out the game had been called off when I got there. Like an idiot I’d been listening to a CD instead of the radio, so didn’t hear it had been postponed.

Ouch. We once got called off for fog vs Charlton and I'd arrived at the ground. They called it off at 7pm. Wasn't even that bad at home.

1 hour ago, Northern Jack said:

Went in October once, nearly got frostbite. 

In the 70s apparently Sheff Wednesday had a Russian on trial who complained about the cold in a pre season friendly.

In a nutshell - I'm built for that, not to be "fingered" - oo er.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

26 minutes ago, PollyPeach said:

I am SO confused... Ive been an avid lurker of the weather thread for at least 10 years and I don't remember ever being so confused.

That’s how I felt when Jake Bugg headlined The Other stage. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I support Oldham Athletic. Im used to cold & Losing. If it gets above 10 degrees it's factor 50 time. 

I genuinely sit in the stand that never gets sun, because of potential sunburn... in oldham, in winter! (Tbf, the sunburn is more likely aug & may, but I went pink this year in feb)

Off topic here, but what’s George Edmundson like? We’ve just poached him from you and I know nothing about him, other than he’s quite highly rated.