The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

For the collective, that's the worst run - too hot for me for a few days and then too much rain for everyone else (and me if I am honest, but I'd rather have that than the heat).

Revisit this tomorrow!

Temp wise, I like the look of that Sunday though

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

6 minutes ago, briddj said:

So, here's the 12Z in full.

Pressure: As before the high is in command through the week, but unlike in the last run this time the low muscles its way back in over the weekend and that totally changes the forecast. Everything about this Glastonbury is basically hinging on this low and the high pressure being able to win out. The low edging in will bring weather fronts with it on Saturday and Sunday.

Here you see how the yellow circle this time is now closer to the UK and thus lowering the pressure and bringing poorer weather prospects.

image.png.2c5d46f38b3d56973290b1a0f5e32d12.png

Precipitation: Dry all this weekend until 3pm Sunday when the rain arrives - as has been the story for the last two days. Rain during the day not too bad but could be some heavier stuff overnight. But it's clear by daybreak and then essentially dry all day Monday. Ground will be good again. Bit more rain around on Tuesday morning that is through by lunch, the heaviest in the early hours which leaves more day drying time. Essentially clear again bar the odd possible light shower the rest of Tuesday.

Dry overnight into Wednesday morning. This is what it looks like around gates opening time at 9am. Dry and clear.

image.png.63eb0dc95d64e1768c9f1caea82d0601.png

Now looks to be some light rain around on Wednesday evening from around 6pm, though it's nothing to be concerned about.

Thursday is completely dry.

Friday now has a pocket of rain arriving around 3pm and it is going to stick around for a while on this run unfortunately. It's not particularly heavy at first but there is a very nasty band of rain showing for 9pm Saturday. If you're faint of heart, look away now....

image.png.f618589acfc2907e672d44d1b4547d7a.png

Rain clears through by 3am on Sunday morning, but then another band sweeps in behind it at midday on Sunday and it's showing as raining consistently all through the final day.

Max Temperature: Saturday 19-20, Sunday 22, Monday 22-23, Tuesday 21-22, Wednesday 26-27, Thursday 24-25, Friday 25-26, Saturday 24-25, Sunday 16-17

Summary: So we have gone from the very top of the rollercoaster to almost the very bottom in six hours. Basically, we've gone from the last forecast having no rain to this forecast raining all the time. It's crucial to note that 7 days out there is no certainty in any of this and it will change again (thank fuck).

Put it this way, we're better having this horror turn now rather than in a few days' time.

What an emotional ride this is.

This run in one pic....88A1C1B4-FA01-4316-902E-A9732A0D5D11.jpeg.f01dcfc14d9b10a847ff494c028db2c6.jpeg

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

Who else is well fucking excited though?!? I’m struggling to get on with daily life without thinking about it every 2 mins

I'm on my way to a stag do and all I'm thinking about is the weather for next weekend! 

1 minute ago, DL50 said:

Im finding this thread, the graphs and jargon etc impossible to follow 

Is it going to be sunny or not?

It's gone from looking like being dry and hot and sunny throughout, to rain all day friday (from the afternoon onwards), an absolute deluge on the Saturday (2005 storm style), followed by raining all through til the Monday.

Wednesday and Thursday still clinging on to hot sunny and dry (but humid), though that could turn to s*** too!