The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

You live and learn, something new each festival as doesn't do what it did the previous year. Tactics have to change. Our first year we had to buy blankets as we were freezing overnight, this year looks like it might be lying on top of sleeping bag time. Flipping heck.

Met office have upgraded the thunderstorm and heatwave warnings to cover Tuesday and Wednesday and the whole of the south. 

--------

Level 2 heatwave alert issued for East of England, London & South east England

Current watch level: Level 2 - Alert and Readiness

Issued at: 11:51 on Fri 21 Jun 2019

There is a 70% probability of heat health criteria being met between 0800 on Tuesday and 0800 on Thursday in parts of England.

A spell of very warm and locally hot, humid weather is likely to begin this coming weekend with temperatures gradually climbing during next week, particularly in south east England where trigger criteria looks likely to be met. There is increased confidence of this happening, although details of exact temperatures remain a little uncertain at this time. With this hot weather, there is an increased risk of rain and thunderstorms especially in the North and West of England. This alert may be revised on Monday.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/#?tab=heatHealth

---------

To be expected at this point with what we know. 

RAISE DEFLECTOR SHEILDS

Edited by T-Mouse

19 minutes ago, Magma said:

Put it this way. I'm in (I assume a different bit of) London, just needed a coat on my lunch break and am looking at gathering DARK clouds forming over the Canary Wharf towers.

I am also in one of the Canary Wharf towers but luckily the view out the window is blue skies and sunshine.

Edited by Hugh Jass

19 minutes ago, Magma said:

Nice to hear of another human in the area.✌️

I'm at CW most days as well.  Sat there right now in fact!  Will wander out on the balcony in a bit to get the view of the sky over the City

Edit - Warm, overcast, with a nice breeze.  No dark clouds this way!

Edited by Greenelk

3 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

I'm at CW most days as well.  Sat there right now in fact!  Will wander out on the balcony in a bit to get the view of the sky over the City

Balcony! Now that's either "there's posh for you" or it was fitted during the financial crisis as a launch pad.

1 hour ago, Kashkin said:

I was involved in a wellie riot at Joe Bananas. Not joking. People started getting a bit rowdy (basically due to mismanagement of the queue by Joe Bananas staff) and the police moved in and I ended up pressed up against a riot shield. I did eventually get some wellies though.

I was there for that too, I popped into the longdrops at the bottom of muddy lane and when I came out it was all kicking off around Joe bananas. A copper was standing on a stack of pallets with a loud hailer thingy demanding that people que sensibly and stay calm. Fantastic stuff!

Edited by Cooter

I would love a re-listen to the Jo Whiley R1 broadcast on that Friday morning in 2005. Sounded like the apocalypse was at the doorstep. Blackout on site, astonished staff, chaos in every direction.

We were in Campervan East21 (?) and had the show on listening in silence permeated by myself and @The Nal brummie mate Neil down the back of the van BEGGING his mate to come to his aid when they arrived later in the day. Save him from espadrillageddon.

"I NEED WELLIEEEEESSS"

Ozzy-Osbourne-leaving-Bristol-Farms-in-B

Neil met his mate round the back of the Jazzworld when 1, espadrills went in the bin, 2, wellies went on, 3, his mate got a huge big soppy kiss.

The walkingboots were no good to you that day folks. The humble welly was king.

36 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Met office have upgraded the thunderstorm and heatwave warnings to cover Tuesday and Wednesday and the whole of the south. 

--------

There is a 70% probability of heat health criteria being met between 0800 on Tuesday and 0800 on Thursday in parts of England.

A spell of very warm and locally hot, humid weather is likely to begin this coming weekend with temperatures gradually climbing during next week, particularly in south east England where trigger criteria looks likely to be met. There is increased confidence of this happening, although details of exact temperatures remain a little uncertain at this time. With this hot weather, there is an increased risk of rain and thunderstorms especially in the North and West of England. This alert may be revised on Monday.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map 

---------

RAISE DEFLECTOR SHEILDS

SE is level 2. 

SW IS level 1. 

Look at the map.

IMG_0318.PNG

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I was there for that too, I popped into the longdrops at the bottom of muddy lane and when I came out it was all kicking off around Joe bananas. A copper was standing on a stack of pallets with a loud hailer thingy demanding that people que sensibly and stay calm. Fantastic stuff!

People never believe me when I say there was a wellie riot...

6 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

People never believe me when I say there was a wellie riot...

I missed it by a few minutes.... was going to join the queue, but it was horrendous, so started ambling off in search of anything else to help my stricken feet. We ended up watching the scuffle from a safe distance. Probably the most moody moment I've ever witnessed at Pilton Pop!

1 hour ago, T-Mouse said:

--------

---------

RAISE DEFLECTOR SHEILDS

We will all be Lords of Lightning this year

• Like 1