The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

8 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'm currently slashing my boots with a stanley knife to create the perfect welly/sandal all-terrain combo.

My father in law is years ahead of you there. Still a legend in the family, what a sight.

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

If ever I wanted Accuweather to be accurate for once its now....

image.png.a2b5d8e9133db74a9ce626aa98b01748.png

I think where accuweather usually goes wrong is  exaggerating rainfall amount but since there's none, it must mean that this forecast in indeed completely correct and should be trusted.

Even the Norwegian's are saying it's a dry one and they love forecasting rain.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, desm0nd123 said:

It was 32 degrees Wednesday 2017 and that was seriously hot. There was a huge cheer when the sun finally set among the horizon. Still, would much prefer baking hot than loads of rain! 

I heard if the Thursday that year was as hot as Wednesday, then they were potentially going to pull the plug on it. So many had heat exhaustion due to poor preparation for the heat. 

Let's hope everyone is sensible and wears appropriate clothing and brings plenty of water and sun cream this year! 

Hahaha - how do you think everyone copes at places like Burning Man and Benicassim etc. 

They didn't pull the plug when it was flooded, they definitely wouldn't do it if it was hot. 

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

For the first time in my life, I am not looking forward to Glastonbury.

I will do, and Ill hopefully enjoy it, but an essential part of the festival is being able to see acts. Looking less likely now.

Mate, so sorry to hear this. I hope you manage well enough to enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I will do, and Ill hopefully enjoy it, but an essential part of the festival is being able to see acts. Looking less likely now.

What will stop you seeing acts? 

Edited by Graf21

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The fact I cant stand in front of a stage in the heat / sun. I didnt drink or do anything else after Friday in 2010. A featival should just be about enjoying yourself, not having to worry about your health

Won't be anywhere near as warm Sat and Sunday mate - especially Sunday - as it stands.

1 minute ago, mark_ovens said:

Accuweather I swear to God if you move a single fucking inch

Ive sat for the last 4 days freshing it every half hour and its not changed much.... this morning has been a massive change. Lets hope it goes back to not changing much haha

maybe worth mentioning here that emergency foil blankets (the type they give you after a marathon) either cloths pegged or taped to the outside of your tent can significantly reduce the temperature inside its in the hacks thread but still worth repeating 

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Why less likely to see acts?

13 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

Honestly. This stuff. Turns your inner thighs into silk, I promise you.

Screenshot_20190621-091602_Google.jpg

Yes! That's what I have as well.

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thigh chaffing sounds really interesting.

If your thighs don't touch it shouldn't be an issue, but mine are well acquainted ?

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The fact I cant stand in front of a stage in the heat / sun. I didnt drink or do anything else after Friday in 2010. A featival should just be about enjoying yourself, not having to worry about your health

Sorry, my message came across a bit blunt. Ah that's terrible! Yeah I completely agree - I hope it cools down a bit for you. I only went in 2017 and the Wednesday was unbearable

1 minute ago, p45 said:

maybe worth mentioning here that emergency foil blankets (the type they give you after a marathon) either cloths pegged or taped to the outside of your tent can significantly reduce the temperature inside its in the hacks thread but still worth repeating 

Also make the world's most annoying crinkling shaking sound, plz spare your tent neighbours ?

2 minutes ago, mark_ovens said:

Also make the world's most annoying crinkling shaking sound, plz spare your tent neighbours ?

It's also annoying to yourself. How can you sleep with that thing rattling around? Seen many people try it then take it down again an hour later.

18 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

You can do it mate...

Massive golf umbrella, chair that can pack into your bag and a massive refillable water bottle....

1 minute ago, Stretlow said:

You can do it mate...

Massive golf umbrella, chair that can pack into your bag and a massive refillable water bottle....

worst case - during the hot hours of the day, flake out in the breeze of flagtopia or one of the cool spots off the railway track, then come down into the centre as the sun sets and enjoy all the evening/night entertainment

21 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

you can do it mate