The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, bamber said:

Someone over on Net Weather just mentioned Super-cells and Tornadoes ...

Tornadoes, super storms, 42 degree temps with a week to go- this is the most f***ed up weather thread in efestivals weather thread history! ?

5 minutes ago, MrHew said:

According to google:

The heat index, also known as the apparent temperature, is what the temperature feels like to the human body when relative humidity is combined with the air temperature.

1 minute ago, majormajormajor said:

'Feels like'

Ta.  So is there another chart for the same timeframe showing the normal temperature?

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Tornadoes, super storms, 42 degree temps with a week to go- this is the most f***ed up weather thread in efestivals weather thread history! ?

I'm sure a few of them have all said they haven't seen some of these charts before. Well the first festival back after a fallow year...it was never going to be a "normal" year was it....

This is the most entertaining forum thread I've ever followed. Brilliant stuff, thanks everyone for making it happen.

Dreading tomorrow when we will be talking about mud and 200mm downpours again, but for now I'm basking in the 38c sunshine.

Last time I caught up with the weather thread the consensus was everything looked very unpredictable and the only thing that we could be certain of is that it wouldn't be stupidly hot. The one island of certainty I was clinging to! 

I've been quietly watching the Glastonbury message boards for over a decade now but it's this thread that's made me take the plunge and sign up. Well done to you all and I'm really looking forward to obsessing over the weather with each and every one of you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adammm said:

I've been quietly watching the Glastonbury message boards for over a decade now but it's this thread that's made me take the plunge and sign up. Well done to you all and I'm really looking forward to obsessing over the weather with each and every one of you!

Next step: GOLD membership!

• Like 1

The 06z GFS Ensembles - which is the average of all 20 runs including the charts posted on here for rain shows rain on the wednesday/thursday of the festival and then its pretty much dry as we run through the festival period 

Looking good but the average of the runs says we will get some moisture.  Shows how tight this all is and it will not be until we see the Euro / UKMO models come Sunday / Monday to get a more nailed on idea  

SomerP.thumb.jpg.6a0087c997603e844e4af8186fd407ee.jpg