The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

18 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I'll be taking boots, wellies, factor 30 sun-cream, shade hat, waterproof hat, sunglasses and a 10-pack of ponchos to appease the weather gods and a couple of thick sweatshirts as the overnight temps look a bit chilly. 

I don't get why folk don't just pack this every time as default then it's not a worry... comfy enough boots and the most you're taking is 1 or 2 items you won't need either direction. Chances are you'll need the lot every single festival

Swapping out the single use ick  ponchos for something more durable tho, in the spirit of the festival's less-plastic drive

2 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Anyone else think that all of these apocalyptic forecasts are just the weather folk on a massive wind up as they know we're all watching ? ??

I hope not. Forecasting extreme weather can put put festivals/companies out of pocket as they make preparations. I.e. importing a load of straw for the mud or supplying thousands of bottles of water. 

And on that point, IF it did get silly and we have mid 30s, would Glastonbury break their single use plastic policy?

1 minute ago, Cammers said:

And on that point, IF it did get silly and we have mid 30s, would Glastonbury break their single use plastic policy?

I think they would if it was dangerous in queues to get into the site. I think they'd have other means inside. 

1 minute ago, kemosabe said:

Oh, sweet! I don’t think they did in 2017 did they? But yeah, bring on the heat! 

I'm not sure they opened all of them, but they did open avalon. I sat there.  They had notifications up on all the LED screens telling you where was open for shade on the Wednesday.  

7 minutes ago, Cammers said:

I hope not. Forecasting extreme weather can put put festivals/companies out of pocket as they make preparations. I.e. importing a load of straw for the mud or supplying thousands of bottles of water. 

If they ran out of canned water, maybe.

Just now, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Apologies if I come across as a bit of an idiot here - but is this genuinely suggesting that it could be mid-late 30s?

Remember temps are recorded in the shade, so if it's 26 in the shade... direct sunlight is allot hotter.

1 minute ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Apologies if I come across as a bit of an idiot here - but is this genuinely suggesting that it could be mid-late 30s?

Apparently not.

But then again I disingenuously claim to be in my mid- to late-30s.

5 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

One thing is for sure, i'm looking forward to hearing those immortal words tonight "getting down there early to pitch tents and soak up the atmosphere" 

Made me laugh. Thought it was just me! If he says it once he says it 10 times 

1 minute ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Yes - And that's too F**king hot! I want mid 20's and some light showers to keep the dust down. 30+ and a long day out in the sun with lots of alcohol and other substances is going to be deadly.

But it's Glastonbury and I have a ticket so it'll rain - "There I've said it...."

1 minute ago, Penrhos said:

Yes - And that's too F**king hot! I want mid 20's and some light showers to keep the dust down. 30+ and a long day out in the sun with lots of alcohol and other substances is going to be deadly.

But it's Glastonbury and I have a ticket so it'll rain - "There I've said it...."

Everyone can comfort themselves with the thought that today's forecast will probably go to shit tomorrow.